Sony Michel and Chubb coming back

That's dumb for Chubb. No way I'm coming back after that horrible injury he suffered just over a year ago. I got's to go get paid, if I'm him.

Well, if he's getting hurt next year, he probably would've got hurt in the NFL also, why not get a degree and not be empty-handed in case you get hurt.

If he stay healthy, he's getting paid big time next year!

What's dumb is Michel to comeback and continue to be Chubb's b****.

I hear what you're saying man, but if he gets hurt next year in the NFL, he's in the NFL, which means he's getting paid! He gets hurt at UGA.... well, he's just hurt at UGA. No cash. Insurance policy? Whatever! Still ain't NFL money. He's taking a BIG risk.

Well, not after he gets hurt.

Advertisement
Only Miami players leave early the first chance they get. Then brag how much they love the U.

That's dumb for Chubb. No way I'm coming back after that horrible injury he suffered just over a year ago. I got's to go get paid, if I'm him.

Well, if he's getting hurt next year, he probably would've got hurt in the NFL also, why not get a degree and not be empty-handed in case you get hurt.

If he stay healthy, he's getting paid big time next year!

What's dumb is Michel to comeback and continue to be Chubb's b****.

I hear what you're saying man, but if he gets hurt next year in the NFL, he's in the NFL, which means he's getting paid! He gets hurt at UGA.... well, he's just hurt at UGA. No cash. Insurance policy? Whatever! Still ain't NFL money. He's taking a BIG risk.

Getting paid 4-5th round money, gets cuts after 1-2 years, go work at WalMart for the rest of his life.

Even if he's hurt next year, would probably still get drafted in the 6th round, like Lattimore a couple of years, gets cuts or retires after 1-2 years, can get a job with his degree or continue in school with the NFL money.

Is it a risk? For sure. But if he stays healthy, which would not be a surprise considering he was pretty healthy this year, he's getting picked in the 1st round in 2018.

The "stay to get your degree" argument is dopey. If a kid comes back it's to prove something to pro scouts to get a bigger pro pay check. Nick Chubb getting his ba in sociology (or whatever cake major they funnel football players into) isn't going to be the difference between wearing a blue vest at Walmart or being hired for 6 figures at Goldman Sachs.

Advertisement
Sounds like UGA will be running the ball a lot next year. A certain recruits momma ain't gonna be happy with Coach Dumb.

dudes willing to go back to that dumpster fire. and kids here run away to be third rounders.

See now these are kids that care about their program, have pride in the school and don't go running for the $$$. Wish we had these type of players.

Advertisement
Is Toshiba Michel a bust?

Depends what you consider a bust for Mr. Mitsubishi. He rushed for 410 yards as a freshman when he was 3rd string to Gurley and Chubb, 1161 when he took over after Chubb blew out his knee early in the year against Tennessee and 753 this year as Chubb's backup, change of pace back. So he has 2324 yards on 420 carries and 16 TDs.

Depends what you consider a bust for Mr. Mitsubishi. He rushed for 410 yards as a freshman when he was 3rd string to Gurley and Chubb, 1161 when he took over after Chubb blew out his knee early in the year against Tennessee and 753 this year as Chubb's backup, change of pace back. So he has 2324 yards on 420 carries and 16 TDs.

Not a bust.

Those are decent numbers.

But definitely not 5 star material either.

Not a bust.

Those are decent numbers.

But definitely not 5 star material either.

I wonder what his numbers would look like if he was the feature back, not playing with behind the #2 rusher in UGA history (Gurley) and the guy who will be #2 after next year (Chubb).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back