Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
9 assistants allowed correct? Would you have 4 on offense and 5 on defense or vice versa
You’re allowed 10 on field assistants, 5 on Offense & 5 on Defense (including Special teams).

The loophole around this is you’re allowed as many Analysts as you want, that’s where Bama changed the game, they literally have 30-50 analysts on staff at any given time hired to do a myriad of jobs & often times when they hire fired HC’s as analysts, they’re essentially additional coordinators.

Advertisement
If we could get Coley to come as just the TE coach, it would be a monumental score. A grand slam. A walk off. Maybe our best value hire at any position.

He is a recruiting machine, and there is nowhere where he'd be more valuable than prowling the SFL high schools under a well-funded Mario led program as he's from here and connected. FYI he landed THREE 4-star TE's for TAMU in this cycle alone. And a 4-star safety to boot. That makes him the 13th best recruiter by production in the country this year, out of over 1000 D1 coaches.

****, while we are at it, I'd try to give Elijah Robinson and maybe even Tommie Robinson (yep, that one) a bid to come aboard somehow. Elijah might be the best recruiter in American right now and he's not a Texas guy. And just like Coley at TE, you can hide a great recruiter at RB Coach.
Coley has been around good coaches and offenses. He has tremendous organizational value.

Last edited:
You’re allowed 10 on field assistants, 5 on Offense & 5 on Defense (including Special teams).

The loophole around this is you’re allowed as many Analysts as you want, that’s where Bama changed the game, they literally have 30-50 analysts on staff at any given time hired to do a myriad of jobs & often times when they hire fired HC’s as analysts, they’re essentially additional coordinators.
And they probably get the fired HC’s on the cheap as they’ve more than likely got buyouts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The problem is we’re not just competing with the ACC and it’s slim pickings out there if you are t pro outing up. I think if we get Briles and Schumann to go along with TRob, Salave’a, BMac and Mirabal, that’s a pretty dam good Group.

I’d rather have Seider at RB than Mastro but Seider isn’t leaving Penn State for a lateral move. If he was, he’d be at UiF.
I want Partridge too. I mean I'm fine with TRob, Salavea, McClendon, Mirabel as well. But you cant tell me going out and getting a Corey Raymond who was absolutely available, or a charlie Partridge wasn't the kind of splash hire we all were hoping for. Add seider too...

I definitely think its looking like a very good coaching staff, but let's be real here, Oregon pretty much had the same exact staff just for less money. So we're just going to be giving these guys raises basically.

I want Partridge too. I mean I'm fine with TRob, Salavea, McClendon, Mirabel as well. But you cant tell me going out and getting a Corey Raymond who was absolutely available, or a charlie Partridge wasn't the kind of splash hire we all were hoping for. Add seider too...

I definitely think its looking like a very good coaching staff, but let's be real here, Oregon pretty much had the same exact staff just for less money. So we're just going to be giving these guys raises basically.
I partially agree but I also don’t think that’s an entirely fair context. I think we made an effort to get people Oregon didn’t have including Joe Brady, Charlie Partridge and Seider.

Raymond was a miss. I think we were late to that party but @Cribby would know. TRob is an upgrade to his Oregon Staff. Mirabal is one of the top guys at his position as is McClendon so I don’t know why you would complain about those guys as they are also from his Oregon staff

As I understand it, with his kids in school, Seider wasn’t leaving Penn State without a co-OC title. UiF tried as well. I didnt love the Mastro hire but @Brooklyndee says he’s a good hire and he turned down the OC job at Nevada.

We talked to Partridge. Again I’ll defer to Cribby but I’m pretty sure he wanted a title we couldn’t give. Salave’a is considered one of the better DL coaches out there and we got him. So what if he was at Oregon.

Oregon did not have the Coordinators we are rumored to be getting. If Schumann and Briles happen, that’s a huge upgrade over what was at Oregon in terms of splash and how I think they’ll do here vs if we had the Oregon DC and OC. I’d love to have Lashlee but he got a HC job. Joe Brady is staying in the NFL.

It seems to me that we got the better guys off of Oregon’s staff - all an upgrade over what we had - and we’re adding some in demand coordinators. These guys don’t grow on trees. We’re still subject to what’s out there and who is willing to make a lateral move.

Advertisement
Saban has a Safeties and a CB coach. Yall swear by him so stop questioning it
Most teams do. It’s not something exclusive to Miami. No one coaches safeties and corners period. Just back in the day there was a high level GA or analysis doing it with the 1 DB coach

Advertisement
Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 4.21.47 PM.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back