Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Miss Manny yet? If it hasn't been posted already his apologists will be coming out of the woods soon.

The only reason any of this is even important - getting a semblance of a staff together before signing day - is because Manny Diaz stopped recruiting in September.

If Miami had a normal sized class during the Early Signing Period, everything tomorrow would be icing on the cake, but alas, we're over here trying to piece together a class at the last minute. These transition classes almost universally suck, even if you land a big fish or two late.

That was my prediction from a few days ago, as well.

Joe Brady is hanging around the NFL but the music will stop soon and he won't have a chair. $2 million and a great QB in college for a season to help get him back in the league.

TVD puts up big numbers. Everybody wins.

So Mario's plan was to give Brady weeks to look around the NFL for an OC job, then settle on UM if nothing came through? Yikes.

I didn't want him anyway. He definitely burned his bridges making **** up to get a pay raise.
I am waiting for his contract details and what leaks about what we pay our OC. If the numbers do not match we know he is FOS. But if we are keeping it buck if he balls out at Arkansas for the next 3 years (believe that is his contract term) someone will come poach him and the "burning of bridges" will not matter one iota unless it were the Canes specifically.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Mario's plan was to give Brady weeks to look around the NFL for an OC job, then settle on UM if nothing came through? Yikes.
I kinda agree with that hypothetical plan being suspect at absolute best but "settling" does happen verrrrrry often in all levels of coaching ranks.

Advertisement
If Coley or Ponce is our playcaller @RVACane delete my account.

That’s me saying Ferman is full of **** and putting a wager on it

And that’s also me saying if it happens I’m done anyway so delete my account
You can't leave brother, you have to suffer in silence with the rest of us. Well, maybe not in silence...

Advertisement
To be 100% honest - I'll start by saying I still don't think it's Ponce and haven't had any reason to believe it is

I've always loved that Satterfield system and the 2 seasons at FIU that he was OC were the 2 winning seasons that Cristobal had there 2010-2011

I've been around the App State program for many years being 45 min to an hour away and attended a ton of Satterfield clinics. Ponce runs the same thing and has been with Satterfield for like 10 years from FIU-App State-Louisville so he knows it as well as Satterfield does.

Would Ponce be the end of the world? No. He's better than Coley. Someone said would you rather have Strong as DC or Ponce as OC and I said give me Ponce 10 times out of 10.

The reality is, I just expect more out of our coordinator hires. I'd love to have Ponce on staff to influence the outside zone run game and some of their concepts but it doesn't make sense for him and his career to leave playcalling to just be on staff at Miami.
How is the fly fishing and hiking in that neck of the woods?

I am waiting for his contract details and what leaks about what we pay our OC. If the numbers do not match we know he is FOS. But if we are keeping it buck if he balls out at Arkansas for the next 3 years (believe that is his contract term) someone will come poach him and the "burning of bridges" will not matter one iota unless it were the Canes specifically.
I think he was a candidate, but was never offered the job as what Briles implied that he was offered the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back