Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There’s a reason most free agents would never join Lbj. It’s no secret you’ll always be the goat ( in a bad way). No matter what , you’re in a lose lose. If you win it’s because of LBJ, if you lose it’s Love, Bosh , Wade Kyrie on down the roster. Nobody wants to call out the most powerful player in the league, only Skip does it and that’s schtick. Bosh and Love went from double double machine and really good players to standing on the three point line all game because they didn’t know what to do. Then they’d get destroyed when they lost. Kyrie was like F all this. This guy is the GM and answers to nobody lol.
ESPN has three obsessions. 1.)sec football, 2.) lebron, and 3) wokeness

LeBron doesn't want the last shot.
He runs from the last shot and the media will be like “ but he made the right basketball decision“ . Then the same media will destroy another go to guy for passing up the shot. They’re like “ you’re the man with the big contract and carrying the franchise , you have to
take that shot “ . Nobody wants to get in trouble with the King lol.

He runs from the last shot and the media will be like “ but he made the right basketball decision“ . Then the same media will destroy another go to guy for passing up the shot. They’re like “ you’re the man with the big contract and carrying the franchise , you have to

So well said

Remember when he stood out by half court against Dallas and barked orders

Personally I don't like the whole goat debate , I just get more annoyed with the Lbj stuff especially with his epic chokes. The way I see it every era has its goat / goats . You can't compare eras especially with how wide open offensive basketball and football are.

Every great player ripped their game off another player or at least dabbled . Kobe ripped from Mj to the point he had the same mannerisms and expressions. Lbj obvious took from Magic, Bird , Mj. MJ was influenced by David Thompson , Dr J and the iceman. So it's hard to say one is the goat when it keeps evolving and you're taking from other guys before you . Like Brady - Montana.

Imo after Jordan it was Duncan and Kobe. Those guys were either or. There was a period most thought Tim was the guy. LBj obviously took the mantle after them and imo if healthy Durant or Antekoupo are the current guys. Jokic is another one that blows me away how much he controls the game.

My goats are MJ, bird, Magic , Duncan , Kobe, Kareem, Moses , Hakeem and Lbj. During my lifetime all those guys at some point were considered the best player in the world. And it's by eras. I think thats the most logical and fair way of doing it. Imo.
I agree with you on your Goat premise and those names are all certified.

The choking early in the career is obvious haha but he has to get some credit from people for completely turning it around post 2011. A lot of people don't find the fortitude to overcome something like 2010 and 2011 and he's shown to be clutch since. 2018 is about as thoroughly clutch as I've seen someone be for an entire post season post Jordan.

Advertisement
I dont blame him. he came into the league as a child with the world on his shoulders. Thats the problem with letting kids into the NBA.
he grew up playing AAU with his buddies and being dominate in HS. Guys who went to college for a few years learned about rivalries, e.g. Duke/unc
the young kids ruined the NBA and made it soft.

Your guess is as good as mine.

I think the players are Brady, Dorsey, and Whipple. Beyond that I haven’t heard anything of substance from anyone I trust that has known or would know anything
What are the CURRENT top 5 rumored candidates for DC and OC?

In fact, to save a ton of wasted time... can that be added to Cribby's page 1 and/or the Leeds sticky one's page 1?

Personally I don't like the whole goat debate , I just get more annoyed with the Lbj stuff especially with his epic chokes. The way I see it every era has its goat / goats . You can't compare eras especially with how wide open offensive basketball and football are.

Every great player ripped their game off another player or at least dabbled . Kobe ripped from Mj to the point he had the same mannerisms and expressions. Lbj obvious took from Magic, Bird , Mj. MJ was influenced by David Thompson , Dr J and the iceman. So it's hard to say one is the goat when it keeps evolving and you're taking from other guys before you . Like Brady - Montana.

Imo after Jordan it was Duncan and Kobe. Those guys were either or. There was a period most thought Tim was the guy. LBj obviously took the mantle after them and imo if healthy Durant or Antekoupo are the current guys. Jokic is another one that blows me away how much he controls the game.

My goats are MJ, bird, Magic , Duncan , Kobe, Kareem, Moses , Hakeem and Lbj. During my lifetime all those guys at some point were considered the best player in the world. And it's by eras. I think thats the most logical and fair way of doing it. Imo.
Ok, cause Kyrie has won so much more since he said, “fucc playing with him.”, right? Not a LBJ Stan, but **** I see a bunch of piling on in here. Agree with your take on Bosh, tho. He had to change his game, the most, to play and win wit LBJ. But Everybody has to change their game a bit, when asked to play with a ball dominant superstar. You don’t think KD had to change his game a bit to play with Steph and Clay? It happens.
One of the previous posts on lbj made it clear that he made players around him better though? 🤔 I’m not pulling no receipt’s but always wondered why Love sucked *** once he joined the great one. Among others I might add

Advertisement
I said top 10 is a legit argument. I named 4 players I've seen over him that I would take over him. Personally, I'd take Duncan too because lebron becomes a cancer when things dont go his way.
Ive had this ridiculous argument with others as well...anyone who doesn't have LBJ as one of the top 2-3 basketball players of all time should not talk basketball...some ive talked to are using his political stances against him but they wont admit it. Lebron is one of the greatest athletes of all time...no further discussion necessary

What are the CURRENT top 5 rumored candidates for DC and OC?

In fact, to save a ton of wasted time... can that be added to Cribby's page 1 and/or the Leeds sticky one's page 1?
DC: Belk

OC: Brady, Whipple, Coen, Surprise Candidate

LeBron has the fourth most game-winning buzzer beating shots in the history of the NBA but you’re totally right he always runs from the last shot.

Advertisement
I agree with you on your Goat premise and those names are all certified.

The choking early in the career is obvious haha but he has to get some credit from people for completely turning it around post 2011. A lot of people don't find the fortitude to overcome something like 2010 and 2011 and he's shown to be clutch since. 2018 is about as thoroughly clutch as I've seen someone be for an entire post season post Jordan.
I agree. I think he hit rock bottom in 2011. And he gained some killer mentality to his game.

Advertisement
1643487270369.gif

Ive had this ridiculous argument with others as well...anyone who doesn't have LBJ as one of the top 2-3 basketball players of all time should not talk basketball...some ive talked to are using his political stances against him but they wont admit it. Lebron is one of the greatest athletes of all time...no further discussion necessary
EVERY NBA player asked who played against him and Kobe said Kobe. Hes not better than Bird, Magic, and MJ. thats the problem with the lebron fans. its like it has to be him or else. No convo. I also notice most lebron lovers look like they never played sports.

Lebron might be the all around best physical specimen the league has ever seen, like created in a lab to play basketball stuff. But I dont think he is the best player ever. Life or death, need to win one game... I am taking MJ every time.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back