Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, when's the last team a P5 program did not have both coordinators hired heading into signing day? Not even sure if that's possible to look up but just generally speaking, that's kind of nuts.

Doesn't the dead period start 1/31, so we are a week out from today, crazy stuff really. All about the right hire but **** son.

Advertisement
The guy they told him would be the DC is the guy many have said would be the DC on this board. I don’t know what the hold up is because I heard this news ten days ago. So maybe I am wrong / something changed. As @JayCane20 has noted before.
Like JayCane said, if it's been 10 days and this alleged DC hasn't been announced and no news has leaked... then this alleged DC has not been hired yet and there's likely no handshake agreement either.

Advertisement
I don't remember Al Golden ever being considered one of the "best recruiters in the game." He was okay as a recruiter but it's hyperbole to call him one of the best.
It’s not hyperbole. It’s an outright pile of ****

jurassic park deal with it GIF

I mean we’re basically 50 days removed from Mario’s hire.

For those saying be patient, is 7 weeks not enough time to vet/interview candidates?

Not trying to be snarky — this is a genuine question.
Honest answer is anybody should be curious about it. But at the same time, Miami just hosted a prospect weekend that is unrivaled to anything we have ever done. In the videos you can see just how much stuff has changed. Even things like the photoshoots seemed to be revamped and dramatically improved.

My uneducated opinion, there is a drop dead date to make your transition class a success. There is no drop dead date to hire a coach. But clearly I'd like to have both done.

Advertisement
Thanks for posting this and clearing something up for me. I found it hard to believe it was a direct quote from Shemar when the kid hasn’t said a word ever. Makes sense it was a quote from Moe. Hopefully we get a DC soon and this gets put to bed.
That’s from 247. Not Canesport

If it ends up being Dorsey and Belk I'lll be fine with it. I was on the fence about Dorsey but Mario has been pretty good at finding coaches so if he's the choice, I will trust it.
Dorsey is going to be the OC of the Buffalo bills in the next two weeks. We prob have a better chance of getting kliff kingberry(still think he could lose his job) than Dorsey. My guess the nfl guy we would be waiting on is Brady. I just don’t see him getting an OC offer in the nfl.

Advertisement
Dorsey is going to be the OC of the Buffalo bills in the next two weeks. We prob have a better chance of getting kliff kingberry(still think he could lose his job) than Dorsey. My guess the nfl guy we would be waiting on is Brady. I just don’t see him getting an OC offer in the nfl.
He was a NFL OC so at the very least I could see him being a position coach in the NFL which still probably pays pretty well and no recruiting

If the DC is hired - I had reason to believe he was hired but I doubt it was legit with every day that passed with no announcement - he’s not telling any recruits.

Brini was interested but wouldn’t even consider Miami without knowing (not certain Miami wanted him regardless), a kid that would up at LSU was interested but didn’t know who the OC would be, Shemar, I think it factored into Kevin Coleman’s decision as well.

It’s all these position flexible guys on defense that want to know how they’re gonna be used. If obviously makes no difference for Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss, and guys that are built for 1 position.
Belk’s name has popped up for ND and Oklahoma St DC jobs. Any chance Belk was offered by Mario, but is in a negotiation stage and now leveraging some other openings?

Advertisement
Mario is a true cuban after all. We running on cuban time now.

Didn't he say in an interview a few weeks back that the staff would be rolled out the following week?

no, he didn't say that. He said the staff would be filled out some more (not that it would be completed). I believe that was before Kevin Smith was hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back