So, tell me about LaSalle

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 8m8 minutes ago
Miami pounds La Salle by 46 at The Palestra. Would put Jim Larranaga's guards against any in the country. Can beat you many different ways.

ACC Digital Network ‏@theACCDN 6m6 minutes ago
The suffocating defense continues for [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]Hoops, who held La Salle to a season-best 29.8% FG!

Blake James ‏ [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]AllAccess 7m7 minutes ago
Great day for [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]Hoops and [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]WBB both earning victories. We are now 22-2 as a program. Looking forward to a great ACC schedule.

Hardwood Hurricanes ‏@HardwoodU 9m9 minutes ago
Final Score:
La Salle: 49
Miami's Margin of Victory: 46

I hope that "held to a season's best of 29.8%" is supposed to be season's worst.

good catch

Advertisement
Austin Sapin ‏@AustinSapin 8m8 minutes ago
Per @AP, La Salle's 46-point loss to Miami tonight was their worst in program history. Their program started in 1931.

Advertisement
Miami pounds La Salle by 46 at The Palestra. Would put Jim Larranaga's guards against any in the country. Can beat you many different ways.

The suffocating defense continues for @canesHoops, who held La Salle to a season-best 29.8% FG!

Blake James ‏ @canesAllAccess 7m7 minutes ago
Great day for @canesHoops and @canesWBB both earning victories. We are now 22-2 as a program. Looking forward to a great ACC schedule.

Final Score:

I hope that "held to a season's best of 29.8%" is supposed to be season's worst.

good catch

Not going to look into, but I wonder if was best as in Miami's best defensive performance holding a team to that low of a percentage.

Asskicking nonetheless.

I enjoyed watching it.

I had to work and recorded the game. Did get to occasionally check the score and every time I did we had doubled LaSalle's score. So when I watched it I knew every run we made was coming up. That was pretty cool. I love that our walk on manager got a 3! Great game - we continue to work on depth - we going deep this season!

Last edited:

The suffocating defense continues for @canesHoops, who held La Salle to a season-best 29.8% FG!

Blake James ‏ @canesAllAccess 7m7 minutes ago
Great day for @canesHoops and @canesWBB both earning victories. We are now 22-2 as a program. Looking forward to a great ACC schedule.

Final Score:

good catch

Not going to look into, but I wonder if was best as in Miami's best defensive performance holding a team to that low of a percentage.

Asskicking nonetheless.

I enjoyed watching it.
Believe you are correct.

Advertisement
Northeastern shot the lights out especially the kid Ford who couldnt miss. In CBB anything can happen in one game.

I love it

Miami put the finishing touches on another rout, prompting a frustrated La Salle fan to scream from the bleachers, "Why don't you give your starters a rest! You're only up 40!"

Coach Jim Larranaga never wavered and let his rotation players stretch the lead a bit more.

"What are you, trying to set a record?!" the fan barked.

No. 13 Miami hands La Salle worst loss in history, 95-49 | www.palmbeachpost.com

Advertisement
That was a terrible team. They missed every own look. But, UM has been eerily good at shutting down the other team's best option when it counted (Utah's kid got most of his after the game was decided): Utah's Poetl, Miss. St.'s Newman, Butler's Jones, LaSalle's Price (just 6 points). Only Canyon Barry did anything (14 in the first half) and he was not efficient 8-20, 2-6 from 3.

They might be terrible, but they're still a team from a decent conference that was in the Sweet 16 three? four? years ago and we beat them by 46 on the road. Not 6, not 16, not 26. 46.

Advertisement
Back