So, tell me about Florida

Advertisement
This game is greatly different from last year. Mostly, Donovan is gone and Mike White is the new HC (LT former gig). They also lost Michael Frazier II, Jon Horford and Eli Carter. Together they scored 51 out 67 points against us last year. Last year, Dorian Finney-Smith didn't play against us. One other interesting note, Eli Carter shot 8-9 (FG), 3-4 (3Pt) and had 21 points last year against us. He only topped that one time last year when he played against TAMPon. I fear that Angel will remember last year and have one of "those" games.

UF is 6-1 (I think it is too early for RPI, so according to Ken Pom they're #23 )

Who have they played?

Wins
Navy (7-2)
NCAT (3-7)
St Joes (5-2)
UVM (4-5)
FGCU (5-4)
Richmond (5-3)

Loss
#21 Purdue (8-0) *Today they're ranked #11

Key Players:
Dorian Finney-Smith: 14.3 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.4 APG and 1.1 SPG
John Egbunu: 12.7 PPG, 8.3 RPG and 1.4 BPG
Devin Robinson: 11.1 PPG and 8.0 RPG

Interesting Tidbits:

- Florida is 4th in the country in rebounding (46.0 RPG), Miami is 185th in rebounding (37.0 RPG).
- Miami is 13th in scoring (87.6 PPG), Florida is 128th in scoring (77.0 PPG) .
- Florida's scoring stats are slightly skewed as they scored 104 points against NCAT. Without that game they're averaging 72.5 PPG.
- This is UF's second game on the road this season.

Spread: -7.0 Miami

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUGqG2IWIAAOo-B.mp4[/video]

Last edited:
This game is greatly different from last year. Mostly, Donovan is gone and Mike White is the new HC (LT former gig). They also lost Michael Frazier II, Jon Horford and Eli Carter. Together they scored 51 out 67 points against us last year. Last year, Dorian Finney-Smith didn't play against us. One other interesting note, Eli Carter shot 8-9 (FG), 3-4 (3Pt) and had 21 points last year against us. He only topped that one time last year when he played against TAMPon. I fear that Angel will remember last year and have one of "those" games.

UF is 6-1 (I think it is too early for RPI, so according to Ken Pom they're #23 )

Who have they played?

Wins
Navy (7-2)
NCAT (3-7)
St Joes (5-2)
UVM (4-5)
FGCU (5-4)
Richmond (5-3)

Loss
#21 Purdue (8-0) *Today they're ranked #11

Key Players:
Dorian Finney-Smith: 14.3 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.4 APG and 1.1 SPG
John Egbunu: 12.7 PPG, 8.3 RPG and 1.4 BPG
Devin Robinson: 11.1 PPG and 8.0 RPG

Interesting Tidbits:

- Florida is 4th in the country in rebounding (46.0 RPG), Miami is 185th in rebounding (37.0 RPG).
- Miami is 13th in scoring (87.6 PPG), Florida is 128th in scoring (77.0 PPG) .
- Florida's scoring stats are slightly skewed as they scored 104 points against NCAT. Without that game they're averaging 72.5 PPG.
- This is UF's second game on the road this season.

Spread: TBD
Not to mention our "reserves" victory over Charlotte.

Advertisement
My biggest concern and I forgot to add it. I think Angel will attempt to rekindle his performance last year.

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUGqG2IWIAAOo-B.mp4[/video]

We really need this to be made into a GIF

VU7WZHP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/VU7WZHP.gif

Advertisement
Really excited for this game! Love talking basketball and never understand why even when we are good no one comes on here to talk. Would love to see some more discussion. I think we win by double digits tonight. This team will feed off the energy of the crowd and play a sound game.

I think it will be close for most of the game which plays into our favor. We are ranked #8 in the country in free throw percentage.....UF is currently ranked #276 !!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back