So, tell me about #23 Butler

Advertisement
We are good guys! At least in something...

At least? Winning a national title in basketball is the next rung down from football and it's really close. Winning a title in basketball with the tournament is literally the hardest possible title to win in any sport. The money that is in basketball, especially the ACC, is often overlooked because of the overall dominance of stressed "importance" of football.

It may not seem like it because our once storied football program is down, but in almost every other way the university has benefited greatly from being in the ACC.

By the way, this years baseball team is that squad.

Advertisement
Any update on the game time tomorrow...? Everything that I am seeing all says "TBA". Last year the final was sometime on Sunday night...8 or 9, I believe.

It would not suck to start the season 5-0 beating 2 top 25 teams away from home. Butler is a pretty good team and they made the tourney last year. Butler's stats are slightly skewed. They scored 144 points against The Citidel and 93 against Missouri State. When faced with real competition, they scored 74 against Temple. They shot 60%+ against the first two teams and 38% against Temple.

Players to Watch:

Tyler Lewis: 14.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 4.3 APG and 1.3 SPG (this kid can play)
Kellen Dunham: 17.0 PPG, 1.7 RPG and 2.3 APG
Andrew Chrabascz: 14.3 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 3.7 APG and 2.3 SPG

Random Tidbit:

- Tyler Lewis used to play for NCST. In 2013-2014, he played us 3 times. In those 3 games he scored 27, 24 and 18.

Spread: -3.5 Miami

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUGqG2IWIAAOo-B.mp4

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butler is a pretty small team. They're well coached but they don't have alot of depth. Tonye and our bigs should dominate. We should win this game but anything could happen.

one-hour-dinner-rolls-step9-srgb.1.webp

Advertisement
I think Butler is a lot better than Utah. Utah is trash, trying not to get too excited until we win tonight

Advertisement
Andrew Chrabascz is 6'7
Tyler Wideman is 6'8

Those are their starting big men. No reason to lose the rebounding battle tonight.

We match up well with the size we have at guard, and Jekiri backing it all up. I think we want to slow this game down a little in contrast to what we wanted to do against Utah.

We are deeper and more athletic period end of story. No excuse to lose. Gotta win this game

Advertisement
Back