So NFL show doing story on Collins "In the air tonight"

Phil may be past his prime…but it could be faked, no? Or is that lame? Might be lame.

Miami may need to book The Rock a year in advance. And have a booster pay for it.
I'm sure we could shoot Phil up with cortisone and Toradol and he could power through it.

The Rock would show up for free but would demand the entire halftime get to be an infomercial about his tequila.

Advertisement
I smell an NIL team opportunity
Alcohol endorsements actually are allowed (N'Kosi has a beer one at FAU). Not sure why The Rock spends almost all his social media efforts shilling his booze but hasn't been willing to do anything NIL-wise. I guess some might think you're walking a fine line there with underage drinking but if the NCAA is fine with it then so what?

Alcohol endorsements actually are allowed (N'Kosi has a beer one at FAU). Not sure why The Rock spends almost all his social media efforts shilling his booze but hasn't been willing to do anything NIL-wise. I guess some might think you're walking a fine line there with underage drinking but if the NCAA is fine with it then so what?
Yeah. What’s the legal drinking age in Florida? 21? Could be an image issue, and the school might disapprove. Maybe the phrase “drink responsibility“ and “don’t drink and drive” on the Teremana Tequila hats and t-shirts?

Yeah. What’s the legal drinking age in Florida? 21? Could be an image issue, and the school might disapprove. Maybe the phrase “drink responsibility“ and “don’t drink and drive” on the Teremana Tequila hats and t-shirts?
21 (isn't that everywhere?). I actually don't think the school has any say. I bet you have to be at least 21 per the NIL rules though. Maybe the school would try to dissuade The Rock directly from doing it but I think it's just him not thinking of or caring to do it as of now.

Would actually be pretty hypocritical of the school when they've directly marketed that GameDay Vodka.

21 (isn't that everywhere?). I actually don't think the school has any say. I bet you have to be at least 21 per the NIL rules though. Maybe the school would try to dissuade The Rock directly from doing it but I think it's just him not thinking of or caring to do it as of now.

Would actually be pretty hypocritical of the school when they've directly marketed that GameDay Vodka.
The school might have a say in use of the school’s NIL in any work the player does. Tyler Van Dyke could do a gig with Teremana, but the school might be able to prevent him for wearing his jersey or any of the school’s intellectual property.

Age regulations might extend beyond NIL. Could someone under the age of 21 appear in an alcohol-drinking promotion? I can’t imagine being underage and working as a bartender or at a bar.

Oh well.

Show his movie trailers on the Jumbotron.

Pretty much THE most famous scene in that entire series.

The length of the rumors that Phil Collins (a Miami resident) was going to do it live before a night game at The OB spanned decades too.

Sooooo I'm comfortable giving our program credit for this....even if Sonny Crockett was a UiF WR.
I thought Sonny Crockett play WR for Bama.

First time I heard this song played before a football game was before a Canes game in the OB in the early 80's. I had just come back to town for a visit after moving to the Twin Towns after college and went to see the Canes play I can't remember which team but it was the first I heard it. And def remember hearing before an FSU game back then, We just don't credit for nothing. LOL

Advertisement
I thought Sonny Crockett play WR for Bama.
Not that Baga would be much more palatable but it definitely was UiF. That's why he had a pet gator on his boat. Injury ended his career as a promising white wide receiver and he went to Nam before coming to Miami.

Not that Baga would be much more palatable but it definitely was UiF. That's why he had a pet gator on his boat. Injury ended his career as a promising white wide receiver and he went to Nam before coming to Miami.
That’s terrible. All these years I thought he played for Bama and now you’re telling me he played for the Crocs. Dude was probably involved in the Gator Flop, too, if you do the math on the timeline.

Bottom Line: I’ll never look at him the same way again.

Advertisement
I'm sure we could shoot Phil up with cortisone and Toradol and he could power through it.

The Rock would show up for free but would demand the entire halftime get to be an infomercial about his tequila.
Phil Collins final curtain call is going on now:

The Last Domino? Tour is an ongoing concert tour by English rock band Genesis, staged following the announcement of their reunion after a 13-year hiatus. It features the core trio of keyboardist Tony Banks, drummer/singer Phil Collins, and bassist/guitarist Mike Rutherford, the most successful line-up in the band's history, with Daryl Stuermer on guitars and bass, and Collins' son Nic on drums.

The tour will comprise 48 shows across Europe and North America between 20 September 2021 and 26 March 2022, marking the first Genesis performances since the trio reunited for the Turn It On Again Tour in 2007. The UK leg was rescheduled twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back