Second half defense

edge

Junior
Miami has given up 10 points in the second half. 7 of those points were in garbage time with mostly backups in. That is the mark of a great DC to do that. Look for Miami to win out if they have the lead at the half. Guidry Da Gawd will find a way to shut opposing offenses down.

Advertisement
Miami has given up 10 points in the second half. 7 of those points were in garbage time with mostly backups in. That is the mark of a great DC to do that. Look for Miami to win out if they have the lead at the half. Guidry Da Gawd will find a way to shut opposing offenses down.
Agree. it's also a sign of serious depth.

1727009801760.png

i have FULL confidence in this guy

Advertisement
even in the first half,the D looked like it struggled a bit but holding them to field goals was incredible

to do that at USF when USF was able to be more effective IN tuscaloosa was impressive
A little bit? We were unprepared for the quick tempo and were undisciplined, but locked it down in the red zone, and came out at half much more disciplined, staying home and getting locked in. Great mental adjustments.

A little bit? We were unprepared for the quick tempo and were undisciplined, but locked it down in the red zone, and came out at half much more disciplined, staying home and getting locked in. Great mental adjustments.
Whomever agreed (Beta Blake during his tenure?) to having USF be the home team with AAC refs (yeah, yeah, ACC refs ***** us too) is an idiot. MIAMI got called for an illegal formation for a lineman not lined up correctly?!? ****, half of USF tempo formations could have been flagged for the lineman not being set. You can't prepare for that at first...

Advertisement
Unprepared is a strong word. Honestly I have never seen a team try to run that fast of tempo. Most of the time even the referees were not in position on the snap. These guys made Chip Kelly at Oregon look slow. So I don’t think it was possible to totally simulate that speed in practice. At the end of the day they were going so fast they wore themselves out.

Unprepared is a strong word. Honestly I have never seen a team try to run that fast of tempo. Most of the time even the referees were not in position on the snap. These guys made Chip Kelly at Oregon look slow. So I don’t think it was possible to totally simulate that speed in practice. At the end of the day they were going so fast they wore themselves out.
I was definitely a person complaining about the defense not being ready

Our players weren’t doing any favors by constantly celebrating after each play

That stuff should have been engrained in them by the time kickoff happened so not really sure if it was the pregame emotion, USF trying to taunt us, the whole vibe, the coaching…but ultimately I think the coaches gotta take the blame though I do agree what USF was doing seemed borderline what they’ve been trying to control in college with the injuries and such that come with tempo

even in the first half,the D looked like it struggled a bit but holding them to field goals was incredible

to do that at USF when USF was able to be more effective IN tuscaloosa was impressive
We had 200 more yards against so fla than alabama. Our D gave up about 50 more yards, but 1 fewer point

Advertisement
Yes, our S&C program won in the end. Shout out the the stache.

Advertisement
I was definitely a person complaining about the defense not being ready

Our players weren’t doing any favors by constantly celebrating after each play

That stuff should have been engrained in them by the time kickoff happened so not really sure if it was the pregame emotion, USF trying to taunt us, the whole vibe, the coaching…but ultimately I think the coaches gotta take the blame though I do agree what USF was doing seemed borderline what they’ve been trying to control in college with the injuries and such that come with tempo
USF set the tone with their bs hanging by our tunnel as we came out. I thought we showed great restraint. The HC is an jerk for condoning that.

Whomever agreed (Beta Blake during his tenure?) to having USF be the home team with AAC refs (yeah, yeah, ACC refs ***** us too) is an idiot. MIAMI got called for an illegal formation for a lineman not lined up correctly?!? ****, half of USF tempo formations could have been flagged for the lineman not being set. You can't prepare for that at first...
Didn’t the ref say it was 7 lined up in the backfield while the announcers said it was bell?

It wasn’t of any consequence but when I was rewatching last night I noticed that Carpenter wasn’t close to being too far downfield when they called him for it. There are a million missed ineligible receivers with the prevalence of RPO but I don’t know the last time I saw someone called for it when they shouldn’t have been.

Advertisement
Back