SEASON PREVIEW: Quarterback

Just because he won 10 games doesn’t mean he was the best out of the last 10 years. There were games that Miami needed some luck to win and the defense was unreal for a good portion of the season. I’ll take King over Rosier 10/10 times. Not sure what that fool was thinking saying that.
It was our best season as a team, but not in terms of QB play. Rosier was tough, and a good runner and a good leader.

Advertisement
It was our best season as a team, but not in terms of QB play. Rosier was tough, and a good runner and a good leader.
**** no

IMG_6008.webp

Sticking to past as prologue & leaving this receipt:

So, WHEN Cam goes down with an injury at some point this year - all depending when - ceiling is 6-7 Ws

If it's late October; 8-9

If I am deadass wrong and he makes it through the year healthy - who knows? 7-5 to all the way to a bracket.

I see legit possible Ls WITH him healthy as:

UF - 1st game jitters, Their house, sEc bRO; Team over-confidence/paper tiger/rat poison syndrome, Mario
USF - sneaky good & at their house
VT - sneaky good
UL - Legit good & at theirs; even with them having some production loss IRRC
FSU - Prove it

Without him, especially if early - ONLY FAMU, BST (MTSU), Cal are best Win possibilities

Every other team has a legit shot at beating us in the mix, especially if Cam is injured anywhere in there.

Mario's gonna GT another game regardless, so...might as well call it as GT - sneaky good offense & their house

**** - Cal, Duke, GT, WF?, and Syr could all pull it off vs. what we know about Piffledonger and hope for Emory.

I say start Pringledinger when Cam goes down to see if he's a baller - DMoney ain't wrong about Emory being tough and battle tested, but Vanilla AF. Then put him in & rinse repeat Clemson/Dawson Wagoncircle offense to see what we can salvage for portal shopping 25.

Sticking to past as prologue & leaving this receipt:

So, WHEN Cam goes down with an injury at some point this year - all depending when - ceiling is 6-7 Ws

If it's late October; 8-9

If I am deadass wrong and he makes it through the year healthy - who knows? 7-5 to all the way to a bracket.

I see legit possible Ls WITH him healthy as:

UF - 1st game jitters, Their house, sEc bRO; Team over-confidence/paper tiger/rat poison syndrome, Mario
USF - sneaky good & at their house
VT - sneaky good
UL - Legit good & at theirs; even with them having some production loss IRRC
FSU - Prove it

Without him, especially if early - ONLY FAMU, BST (MTSU), Cal are best Win possibilities

Every other team has a legit shot at beating us in the mix, especially if Cam is injured anywhere in there.

Mario's gonna GT another game regardless, so...might as well call it as GT - sneaky good offense & their house

**** - Cal, Duke, GT, WF?, and Syr could all pull it off vs. what we know about Piffledonger and hope for Emory.

I say start Pringledinger when Cam goes down to see if he's a baller - DMoney ain't wrong about Emory being tough and battle tested, but Vanilla AF. Then put him in & rinse repeat Clemson/Dawson Wagoncircle offense to see what we can salvage for portal shopping 25.
IMG_6010.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just because he won 10 games doesn’t mean he was the best out of the last 10 years. There were games that Miami needed some luck to win and the defense was unreal for a good portion of the season. I’ll take King over Rosier 10/10 times. Not sure what that fool was thinking saying that.
This “fools” thought process is pretty simple.

2017 Rosier: most yards in a single season in school history, most TD’s in a single season, most clutch moments of any qb last 10 years and most wins.

This “fools” thought process is pretty simple.

2017 Rosier: most yards in a single season in school history, most TD’s in a single season, most clutch moments of any qb last 10 years and most wins.
King played in 2 less games and was 348 away from Rosier’s total yards in a season, and King had 4 less td’s than Rosier again in 2 less games. If Miami plays a full season in 2020 King easily passes Rosier.

The 2020 defense was not good compared to 2017’s. Rosier needed some luck and a lot of help from the defense to win 10 games. King also had 2 of the worst WR’s to ever play here on his team.

Advertisement
@grover I'm agreeing that Rosier was tough and a good runner. I split on the leader part. Other than that I don’t think he was a good qb and no chance in **** he has been our best qb in the last decade.

It's all good. Rosier is an alumnus now, a QB trainer, a youth sports organizer. I wish him noting but the best.

What matters is we have an offense locked and loaded right now with a QB who can lead us to the playoffs. I'm done self flagellating over the last 20 years and looking forward to seeing Miami on top once again.

Ward needs to step up and be that 1st/2nd round guy and Heisman candidate he aspires to be. Dawson has an extremely veteran cast, and he needs to unleash his playmakers and go full air raid. Let's go score 40+ on every opponent we play and see their QBs trying to play catchup with our pass rush in their face.

Advertisement
I think he has 0 arm talent to be honest. Seems like a good kid but just not a P5 talent.
This Nickel dude seems like the goods so I’m ok portaling at qb for next year, redshirt Nickel, then see what 2026 brings. Not big on Judd at all. It will be interesting to see how Williams performs next year in the spring/fall practices.

Say it every year. Play the backups as much as possible. If we are up 21-0 in the 1st play them.

Williams should have had 4 full quarters by Clemson.

All I can say is Thank God Ward don’t turn pro. If we’re comparing QB2 to Malik Rozier he’s not Miami material. Full stop.

I have hopes for Emory. I was hoping to hear higher praise than he’s better than Taylor Cook and Evan Shirreffs smh.I really hope he beats out Poff this summer camp and never looks back.

I get Pete’s relief that we at least have a couple guys who won’t outright lose games unlike Brown or multiple other backups over the years. That’s too low a bar at this point for Miami. We need to be better.

Looks like we’ll be portalling for an QB again this winter.
Malik "Magic Man" Rozier is the only QB to get us to the ACC Ship....ever

Advertisement
Back