Seantrel Henderson

Larry

All-American
Just gonna put this out there...

But big boy needs to play like a Top 10 pick at tackle. This is the season he needs to put it all together as I don't see him playing anymore here. He's 6'8", 300-something pounds, he has hands the size of frying pans and an incredible wingspan and oddly athletic feet for a guy his size. This guy is what teams want as a tackle in the pros, but so far, only seen mild flashes.

His freshman year, late signee, had to get his weight in order, freshman blues...sophomore year was hobbled by a back injury and came in late and played alright.

I think this needs to be his year. I'm not saying it will be, but I'm saying it HAS to be. He needs to step up and be the best player on the roster next year. Its big for him and important for us.

Advertisement
I agree 100%. He has to play like the top prospect he was billled to be. We are going to need to run behind him quite a bit this year and we are going to need some time to throw the ball to our inexperienced WR's...

I agree. I actually don't think he's played nearly up to the hype yet, maybe because of injuries. He's shown glimpses of mauling people but also had moments where he's been abused.

Huge year for him and what he can provide for the team. Work your *** off young man.

He needs to step up and be the best player on the roster next year.

big praise & i totally agree. if healthy, i thought he could've been the best player UM had last year and believe the same about this year.

If he's being honest with himself, Seantrel would agree as well. Hope he puts in the work and monsters out next year.

Advertisement
As Larry said we really need this kid to play balls to the wall.

This years UM players showed that it doesn't matter how well or how badly these kids play the season. Seantrell is gone after this year regardless if he plays like a star or a scrub.

Hopefully for UM he puts in the work and turns himself into a first rounder.

Do you guys think it would be helpful for guys like McKinnie, Winston, Leon Searcy etc to get in his ear every so often to remind him of the huge carrot that's out there for him? Not that he doesn't know already...the better our OL plays next year, the better our offense is.

Advertisement
No question about it.

I just hope he goes into camp healthy and stays that way. He's narrowly avoided some catastrophic injuries.

His motor and tools are there, and he's smart. When someone that size does the right things in terms of fitness he deserves to have success.

Advertisement
When your back is injured, everything sucks, and you can't do diddly-squat worth a ****.

Very few have this young man's 'everything.' He can be a tiger, a leader, an enforcer, a motivator, a prime example, or he can be something else.

He can be what he wants - and I think we all hope he wants and wants badly.

No question about it.

I just hope he goes into camp healthy and stays that way. He's narrowly avoided some catastrophic injuries.

His motor and tools are there, and he's smart. When someone that size does the right things in terms of fitness he deserves to have success.

D$ or anyone,
Any info on what the coaching staff feels about Henderson? It seemed like even when he was back, he couldn't crack being a full time starter (Feliciano seemed to be more favorable in the staff's eyes). Was it still an injury thing?

Then in the Herald (I think) there was a small article about how Henderson/Bunche will fight it out at LT, Linder at LG, McDermott, Wheeler, and Feliciano were expected to be the starters at OL.

Advertisement
He was pushed all over the field, just like everyone else at OL last season.

Maryland's small, slow D line, who averaged like 175lbs, ran right through us.

Yes, would be good to see him break out. We need all the OL we can get, without Lamar.

I'll say it again -- the guy had back surgery last year. The fact that he was even able to step on the field last season is nothing short of amazing. Let's see how we performs a full year removed from the surgery and in better condition before we write him off as a bust.

I'll say it again -- the guy had back surgery last year. The fact that he was even able to step on the field last season is nothing short of amazing. Let's see how we performs a full year removed from the surgery and in better condition before we write him off as a bust.

Hopefully he's got that innate hunger and he does more than the bare minimum, but the reality is that this kid can probably half-*** his way into the first round.

Advertisement
Back