Sean Spence at the Senior Bowl

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Get the feeling we'll be updating this thread quite a bit over the next week.

-I was pretty blown away for day one Sean Spence as far as being a talented athlete and complete linebacker. He didn't measure in overly tall, but he was by far the quickest linebacker in drills today, fluid in transitions, looked comfortable in space, and caught the ball extremely well for a linebacker. He was VERY impressive today.

He measured in at a hair under 6 foot, 228 pounds.

Advertisement
Kid has been our best defender the last 2 years, hope he plays his *** off and moves up the draft boards.

Was there any doubt?

He joins the ranks of the likes of Kenny Phillips and CMac as some of the most underappreciated Canes in recent memory.

Advertisement
He has def been the best defender the past four years. I'm amazed at his weight...228 lbs. sure didn't look it during the season.

Advertisement
I don't recall much "Spence bashing" going on. Seems to me that most people, me included, thought he was one helluva LB.

Advertisement
Where is he projected to go in the draft (assuming he continues to do well during Senior Bowl week)?

Where is he projected to go in the draft (assuming he continues to do well during Senior Bowl week)?

He's rated anywhere from #3 to #5 43 OLB. Which typically puts you in the late round 2, into round 3 range. With a good Senior Bowl, he can move up, surely.

Advertisement
Not surprising. Spence is just a good football player.

Exactly and we haven't had enough of these types of guys in recent years. Spence was the one guy you could count on to make plays every game, we will miss him.

Was there any doubt?

He joins the ranks of the likes of Kenny Phillips and CMac as some of the most underappreciated Canes in recent memory.

good call. alot of those guys get overlooked when we dont have really good seasons.

Advertisement
Back