Scrimmage news

We don’t know if any of the other QBs can read a defense.

I think Williams actually can, but he’s a true freshmans.

Not so sure about the others, really worried about N’Kosi.
If Kosi is ripping it and standing out at practice then I’m sure he learned. I just want to know how ****** the coaching is at Ocala Vanguard that their star QB didn’t know the difference between cover 1 and cover 2.

Advertisement
I find it hilarious that every year we have some proven players who are going to be overtaken by a freshman. I, like most of you, am very excited about Lingawd, but for people to just gloss over Homer is a mistake. Homer is a beast and has been doing it since he got on campus in all facets of his game. Best player on specials as a freshman and then gets his chance and churns out a great year as a soph. He's only going to be better.

I'll be happy if Lingawd can be the ace gunner on specials like Homer was and can make a difference at RB later in the year like DeeJay. We truly do have a nice stable of RBs that bring something a little different to the table. However people who think Homer won't be the starter for the whole year or that DeeJay and Lingawd will over take him need to realize the type of player and competitor Homer truly is. Homer is the epitome of what we want in our program. FACK now that i think about it all of our RBs are the epitome of what we want here.

He said he wasn’t referring to his speed.

No. He said he wasn't referring to his 40 time. How the **** can "doesn't have an extra gear" not be referring to his speed? You think he's referring to his Pokemon collection?

Besides, the only thing Homer really lacks is elusiveness. Too many times the only thing that kept him out of the endzone was trying to run through guys he maybe could have run around. But I'll take it. I love that he finishes runs with an exclamation point.

I disagree. Homer is now an elite RB, he was last season and will be this season. Our o-line was terrible with run blocking and he was successful despite that. Lingard will benefit from a continuously improving oline under Richt, so he’ll look elite, faster than Homer did. They’re all great options, but the difference between them will not be hard to tell this season.
He wasn't elite last season and won't be this year because he isn't elite.

Advertisement
Just from watching deejays film you could tell he knew what to do with the ball in his hand as a runner. You could see it which was a main reason I wasn’t as concerned about the rb spot as spot of people were. Now what we could do with deejay is allow him to throw when he’s in the wildcat formation because he has a capable arm and allow him to isolate himself against a linebacker in passing situations out of the backfield because he’s a really good receiver as well

He wasn't elite last season and won't be this year because he isn't elite.
Idk, he’s better than you are giving him credit for. Is an excellent athlete with speed to burn in his first real action being forced in a primtime situation with Walton injured. I thought he did very well with all things being considered. Should see a jump in his game this season

Advertisement
Lmao ar “homer lacks an extra gear.”

Guy is insanely fast. Just listen to Brian Kelly’s postgame presser.

Kelly said he(Homer) was the fastest RB through the hole they faced all year. If there's one thing he can do - its run very fast in a straight line as he hits an open crease. Yeah, he may not have great wiggle or Portis-like ability to see backside cuts and wiggle through them, but he can absolutely run away from people in the open field and he's tough.

IMO, his best role would be as the 2nd back in the rotation(which he was till Walton got hurt) who absolutely kills tired defenses late in games with his burst(like he did vs Toledo and Duke) and gashes them. But he was also very good as a starter with a subpar Oline. Im good with Homer-run Hitter starting with a lot of Dallas and LL mixed in

Advertisement
Idk, he’s better than you are giving him credit for. Is an excellent athlete with speed to burn in his first real action being forced in a primtime situation with Walton injured. I thought he did very well with all things being considered. Should see a jump in his game this season
I said he was a good back. Yall dudes need to learn what elite is and stop labeling every good player as that.

Advertisement
I would expect to see Ambassador Lingard play a similar role to that freshmans RB at Clemson Etienne last year, who was more talented than the other guys but maybe didn’t play as much. But when he did he often brought homeruns with him.
Etienne was the number 2 back and had the same amount of carries as the starter. Think he led clemson in rushing and tds.

Etienne was the number 2 back and had the same amount of carries as the starter. Think he led clemson in rushing and tds.
I thought he was the 3rd back for a good part of the season. I don't remember seeing a lot of him early in the season.

“Lacks extra gear”

With regard to Homer having "wiggle", one of the concerns I saw voiced last year was pertaining to his vision, which prevents/permits cuts to be made effectively. That cut to the right at the line of scrimmage where he basically made the middle LB a non-factor was fantastic. Showed good vision, and recognition.

Advertisement
Back