Sam Waardenburg

Only criticism I have of Sam in the Tourney at all is, in a game, he clearly passes up open looks from behind the 3 pt arc to feed the ball to the other four guys.

Fact is, we're not exactly burning up the nets with our 3 point shooting. If I were L, I'd make sure Sam has maybe more of a green light than seems to be the case. Statistically, he's the best 3 point shooter on the team (or was, last I looked).

Advertisement
Only criticism I have of Sam in the Tourney at all is, in a game, he clearly passes up open looks from behind the 3 pt arc to feed the ball to the other four guys.

Fact is, we're not exactly burning up the nets with our 3 point shooting. If I were L, I'd make sure Sam has maybe more of a green light than seems to be the case. Statistically, he's the best 3 point shooter on the team (or was, last I looked).
Agreed he passes up too many open looks. But against auburn, his hand was hurting, so that may have played a factor.

I do like the fact Sam rarely takes a bad shot. He's probably one of our more efficient players on offense. I do agree that he needs to be a tad bit more aggressive on offense. Would be nice to see him work more out of the triple threat, particularly when he has a mismatch on him. But he can't do it if he's not looking at the rim. A few games ago, he had a shot fake from 3, 1-dribble dunk that was impressive. Would love to see more of it.

Advertisement
INIRUSRCFVAFLKETBX4JSLJXD4.jpg

Crazy to think this is the same guy in his first season here was tripping all over himself and could barely hit the backboard with his shots. He definitely has a future in professional euro league and who knows may find himself in the NBA one day. His calmness on the court seems to be very stabilizing for this entire team.

What I like about Waardenburg is he never seems to have a bad game Like Wong and several others. His assists come at the most critical times in a game as well as his 3 point shots. We are not going to the Elite Eight without Sam, he may look awkward and skinny but he flies down the court on both offense and defense and is one tough cookie as he grabs rebound after rebound and blocks shots. He may not score 20+ or grab 20 rebounds but he makes the plays that win games and ne is still my MVP!

Advertisement
Needs to be more aggressive and take the open shots when they are there.
Other than that there's nothing to complain about about.

Crazy to think this is the same guy in his first season here was tripping all over himself and could barely hit the backboard with his shots. He definitely has a future in professional euro league and who knows may find himself in the NBA one day. His calmness on the court seems to be very stabilizing for this entire team.
ISU was the first complete game I've ever watched and my friends and I were very impressed at the play of Sam. The press I've read is the kid was spotty and a weak link. I didn't see it against ISU. He had a complete game, especially on defense.

I think if he was taking more shots and averaging closer to 20 pts a game, he'd be getting more national exposure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
by the way is the 3 second rule still in effect : is it ever called, and some of these kids carry the ball more, then they actual dribble

Kid actually showed a lot, really understand the games, and plays to his strength > I was impressed with the number of block shots, and his feet on defense.

Advertisement
Back