Ryan Williams

QB is wide open, but Morris clearly leads because of his physical talents. J12 played well for most of last year, but in hindsight I'm sure the staff wishes they had played Morris more.

Jacory was clearly the better QB last year and gave us the best chance to win. I really think if we had Jacory for Maryland we win.

Advertisement
QB is wide open, but Morris clearly leads because of his physical talents. J12 played well for most of last year, but in hindsight I'm sure the staff wishes they had played Morris more.

Jacory was clearly the better QB last year and gave us the best chance to win. I really think if we had Jacory for Maryland we win.

I'm not disagreeing although he was horrific against BC. What good did playing J12 do us? Did it curry favor with his boys, Forston, Streeter, and Bwash? Playing Morris would have blown the culture up, which in hindsight was needed.

I'm not disagreeing although he was horrific against BC. What good did playing J12 do us? Did it curry favor with his boys, Forston, Streeter, and Bwash? Playing Morris would have blown the culture up, which in hindsight was needed.

Man please stop... Morris wasnt better and it had nothing to do with being in favor with the other players... That BC game was bad from all angles it wasnt just the qb... Our wideouts were dropping passes our, D was clueless, etc. Jacory's performances throughout the year proved he was the better qb... He kept us in all our games this year... Yea BC was a bad game but the whole team including coaches and players were at fault... I mean the way VT, UVA, and KSU was scorching our D up was insane but in all of those games Jacory made some great passes and reads to keep us in it... Lets quit with the conspiracy theory... There was nothing Morris did while he played to suggest that he was better than Jacory... Now I do think he will start this year but he wasnt better than Harris come on... I mean he had his opportunity against Maryland... He didnt play bad but he didnt play good either... They were mostly short routes and 3 and outs...

I hope Williams improved but I think our fanbase is hyping him up way too much... As one poster already stated, he played for Miramar when they won the state championship... He even broke a record playing in the largest classification game in the state yet his offers were from Eastern Michigan and Memphis... Not even USF and UCF... I'm not saying the kid sucks but he isnt what our fanbase is making him out to be... But we will see... And I'll be the first to say I was wrong...

I hope Williams improved but I think our fanbase is hyping him up way too much... As one poster already stated, he played for Miramar when they won the state championship... He even broke a record playing in the largest classification game in the state yet his offers were from Eastern Michigan and Memphis... Not even USF and UCF... I'm not saying the kid sucks but he isnt what our fanbase is making him out to be... But we will see... And I'll be the first to say I was wrong...

And again, he only played his senior year at Miramar. He played at 2A American Heritage, where he started as a sophomore and junior before transfering to Miramar. This can possibly explain his lack of offers.

As for UCF, they signed Jeffrey Godfrey in 2010, so its not necessarily that they passed on Ryan Williams but rather liked another kid better.

Advertisement
I don't know how to determine what our "fan base" thinks. But, 72% of the people who participated in the poll here think Morris will be the starter. Only a couple of people here are hyping Williams.

Last edited:
His offers coming out of HS may have been Eastern Michigan and Memphis, but his offers coming out his freshman year of college were Arkansas and Miami.

Late bloomer.

Advertisement

Man please stop... Morris wasnt better and it had nothing to do with being in favor with the other players... That BC game was bad from all angles it wasnt just the qb... Our wideouts were dropping passes our, D was clueless, etc. Jacory's performances throughout the year proved he was the better qb... He kept us in all our games this year... Yea BC was a bad game but the whole team including coaches and players were at fault... I mean the way VT, UVA, and KSU was scorching our D up was insane but in all of those games Jacory made some great passes and reads to keep us in it... Lets quit with the conspiracy theory... There was nothing Morris did while he played to suggest that he was better than Jacory... Now I do think he will start this year but he wasnt better than Harris come on... I mean he had his opportunity against Maryland... He didnt play bad but he didnt play good either... They were mostly short routes and 3 and outs...

Take a reading comprehension class. Where did I say Morris was better? I said exactly the opposite.

while jacory may have been better .. and we really don't know since we didn't get to see morris.... it didn't really help us in preparing for this year and the future.

Advertisement
Back