Rumor: Butch Davis contacted

lol. Funny how people forgot how he got the nickname BOTCH. Or How he bolted to the NFL. He had his chance already. He will never be Nick or Urban second time around here. Time to move into the future.
Toro, honestly I think your post count is higher than your football IQ bro, your **** is lame, and been knocked down 1000 times on here, but you just joined to lend us your knowledge of the game ?

Advertisement
lol. Funny how people forgot how he got the nickname BOTCH. Or How he bolted to the NFL. He had his chance already. He will never be Nick or Urban second time around here. Time to move into the future.

Yeah, I've seen the future - every year since 2000.

Same ****. Every year.

If you had even a modicum of knowledge - you'd know exactly why he left - and you'd have done the same thing.

Urban turned it on at UF, and did it again at OSU. Nick did good at LSU - and doing quite well at Alabama.

Yeah, Butch without a doubt - could do it all over again - but wouldn't have to start with 31 scholarships in the hole.

Where do you people come from?

Advertisement
Realistically tho for you Butchians..his 67..how many years do y’all expect him to coach??

Take in account Saban took over bama in his prime at 54 or 55. In year 12 he is 67 on the tail end of his prime. Over those 12 years he’s won 6 (if I remember correctly) 6 NCs..

Give Butch 10 years for argument sake since that usually a good measuring to determine a successful coaching tenure...that puts him at 77

The idea when logically thought of is lunacy to expect him to rebuild this program and have us in the playoffs at 70 plus

Advertisement
LOL at these clowns knowing how much energy, passion, aggression, etc and even how long Butch will be able to coach. LOL like it's a scientific formula, the man has something to finish here and he will kill it
No scientific formula bro, just open your eyes and look around, not at all hard to see passion in a coach, I'll help you, Mork had zero

How many years do you think Saban has?

Belichek?

How many years do you have?
Neither one of those guys were hired at age 67 is the whole point..but they are on the back side of their primes for sure. And are just keeping steady the dynasties theyve built of a decade plus..your asking Butch to do this at 67

Ill give you that during his time, Botch was a great recruiter and evaluator for his defenses. You could also argue, that once he stopped riding JJs coattails, he was an average coach at best

No.

Wrong again.

You gotta study up - but Butch was the coach for UM - that put together the 2000, 2001, and 2002 teams.

Read up - we actually had teams back then, too.

Oh. And JJ was long gone by then. It was Butch. All Butch.

****, I feel sorry for anyone that tried to copy some of your test questions.

Advertisement
Because you said so? Saban has his team in the title game, if you knew anything about football
Once again he’s been there 12 prior years..he didn’t start building this at 67..does that fact elude you

Once again he’s been there 12 prior years..he didn’t start building this at 67..does that fact elude you
You are moving the goals posts of your specious argument as expected. Your claim is Saban "back side of prime". Bama is playing at elite level. The facts belie your conjecture

Advertisement
We haven't had a coach stay more than five years, so why does anyone care what a candidate will be doing in ten?

That means anyone under 70 is a viable candidate from an age perspective.

Not too keen on this, the man 67 years old. How much longer you expect for him to coach 2 more years?

Would you prefer to hire a younger coach and suck? One thing we know about Butch is that he gets Miami. If you were concerned in 2016, just look what he did with FIU....alot of YOUNGER Coaches went to FIU and Flamed out. We need a Proven Coach and Recruiter....Not a "I think/Hope" he can Coach! BD would put together a Strong Staff, which would likely include his Replacement.

Bobby Bowden won a National Championship when he was 70 years old. Let that sink.............

Advertisement
Back