Rumor: Butch Davis contacted

If they want Mario, they simply wait 2/1 to formally hire him and avoid the 10 mil buyout. All of the assistants could technically be in place. It’d be a lawsuit but I’ll take Miami lawyers over Oregon ones any day.
Man I don’t know they got that Phil Knight loot backing them

Advertisement
Butch has one conference title to his name. Just one. So why in the **** are you comparing him to two legends?

First - some dumbass suggested Butch was too old.

Second - I don't recall Dino or Cristobol taking a broke-assed program with 31 scholarship reductions and building a team that played at UM in 2000, 2001, and 2002 - look it up if you're this unfamiliar with UM football.

Third - I don't recall them coaching under JJ at UM, then following JJ to the Cowboys, and then winning two Super Bowl rings as Defensive Coordinator - under two different coaches.

Now - who are the legends here in your postulation?

Sounds like all three.

You gotta keep up.

It was eighteen years ago that he put together the all-time, greatest college football team EVER.

You're just too young to remember what UM football was and could be again.
Yes but Butch wasn’t 67 18 years ago either...that’s the point. How many years do u think the man has

Advertisement
Not too keen on this, the man 67 years old. How much longer you expect for him to coach 2 more years?
Exactly
I’ll take Butch ...

... Just to see if the BBB crew stops posting or goes the excuses route when the hot tub time machine doesn’t work.
If Miami hires this dude, those butch Homers need to give him the same treatment they gave the last few coaches if he isn't winning soon. Don't wanna hear **** about he needs his own players. If he is a so called gawd like they say he is then we better be in playoffs within his first two years here. No ****** excuses

Bruh our situation and theirs isn’t even close to the same. Now had Saban been 67 when he got to Bama then it’s valid.

And the other thing being no coach that has returned to a previous job has had similar or greater success.

Well, that will just make it one more record Butch can set.

He won't have to contend with 31 scholarship reductions right out of the gate.

Yes but Butch wasn’t 67 18 years ago either...that’s the point. How many years do u think the man has
That’s my entire point with butch, time has passed him by . Richt just retired at 58, Butch **** near 10 years older than richt. 3 years from 70, he doesn’t have that much time left coaching tbh

Advertisement
That’s my entire point with butch, time has passed him by . Richt just retired at 58, Butch **** near 10 years older than richt. 3 years from 70, he doesn’t have that much time left coaching tbh
Yeaa try helping these sheep around here see the light

First - some dumbass suggested Butch was too old.

Second - I don't recall Dino or Cristobol taking a broke-assed program with 31 scholarship reductions and building a team that played at UM in 2000, 2001, and 2002 - look it up if you're this unfamiliar with UM football.

Third - I don't recall them coaching under JJ at UM, then following JJ to the Cowboys, and then winning two Super Bowl rings as Defensive Coordinator - under two different coaches.

Now - who are the legends here in your postulation?

Sounds like all three.

Ill give you that during his time, Botch was a great recruiter and evaluator for his defenses. You could also argue, that once he stopped riding JJs coattails, he was an average coach at best

Exactly
If Miami hires this dude, those butch Homers need to give him the same treatment they gave the last few coaches if he isn't winning soon. Don't wanna hear **** about he needs his own players. If he is a so called gawd like they say he is then we better be in playoffs within his first two years here. No ****** excuses
I don’t even want it to even get that “told u the ***** was too old” stage..just don’t do it..it’s Like 50 plus couples who decide to have another baby

There's no point there, Only thing real Canes fans care about is winning, not you ilks last 16 years. Just look at your Richt comments when hired

Advertisement
Yeah and we've been irrelevant ever since. You love being a certified loser huh?
Who would Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, etc. go after if they lost their coach? Doubt Butch Davis would be at the top of their list.

But sure, let's go after Butch. I'll be the first one to eat crow if this happens and works out.

I like Pete but they are going by personalities cool guys, we need an ******* and Butch is a secretive ******* like Urban and those other guys. They play nice but the grimey af on the trail

I thought Butch was going to kill Sebastian right on the field, in front of God and a stadium full of fans.

When Sebastian after we made a key touchdown caused a flag for celebrating in the end zone - Ho Li Chit!

Butch almost blew an O-Ring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back