Ruiz: Wong coming back next year!

Advertisement
That sounds like wishful thinking to me. My guess is Ruiz is well aware that Wong might leave, and the NIL deal is entirely conditional on him staying.
After last offseason, I think it's safe to say L is generally clueless about what his players intend to do. I think Wong stays.

After last offseason, I think it's safe to say L is generally clueless about what his players intend to do. I think Wong stays.
What he said was he was giving Wong plenty of space. I think he is also waiting on who we sign in the portal. He is definitely going to be the guy this year. Kam was the first option.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No news of Wong declaring for the draft, and yesterday was the deadline for early entrants.

Advertisement
Wong just announced on twitter he was declaring for the draft while maintaining his college eligibility.

Advertisement

Good luck kid

Young time?

Might not be a popular opinion but I would prefer to go and get some more length. Omier looks to be a top tier scorer as well so adding some beef to the middle to help us with bigger teams might be the way to go.

Might not be a popular opinion but I would prefer to go and get some more length. Omier looks to be a top tier scorer as well so adding some beef to the middle to help us with bigger teams might be the way to go.
I’ve gone back and forth on this same thing. On one hand he’s an elite scorer when he’s on. When he’s not, he kills the offense. Without Kam and without good Charlie, I just don’t know. They bailed us out of a lot of bad Wong games. Seemed like he went a month without making a basket, at the tail end of the year. But if we can get some scoring from the front court, maybe it takes some pressure off him. Who knows. Of course you’d have to tell me who were replacing him with for me to come to a decision.

Advertisement
Back