Ruiz: Wong coming back next year!

Advertisement
Amaze Bbc GIF by The QI Elves

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hate to pour cold water on things, but L just said in his press conference that Zay hasn't made a decision about whether he's coming back yet

Great move for him and us. He wouldn't have been drafted, so I'm not sure there was much of a decision to be made. Great seeing him get some monetary motivation though. He took the best deal available.

Advertisement
Great move for him and us. He wouldn't have been drafted, so I'm not sure there was much of a decision to be made. Great seeing him get some monetary motivation though. He took the best deal available.
I don't know his graduation status, but if he is graduated i'm a bit surprised he doesn't go to europe and try to catch on there. Guess he is having a good time with team being better and can try to do that next year.

Yes, but there are performance aspects.
Yes most of the performance aspects life wallet is giving is doing advertising stuff for them and other work. Again, if he feels like giving him money for past performance and the hope of future, no ones knows. I think Wong will come back just cause he is no where near the nba's radar and the team can be good again. He needs to work on his 3 and play making/passing just to have a small chance at an nba team but he can develop and play oversees.

Advertisement
I don't know his graduation status, but if he is graduated i'm a bit surprised he doesn't go to europe and try to catch on there. Guess he is having a good time with team being better and can try to do that next year.

Who knows, I don't know his academic status either.

Nothing wrong with Europe though. Sure, the pay isn't anything like the NBA, but it's much better than most jobs the vast majority of college graduates will make. Unless of course you're stuck in the bottom of the barrell league. That and it's a cultural experience that's worth having and seeing IMO.

Ball out this next year, enjoy your time here, get that degree or work on an advanced one, make some money with the NIL deal, and the sky is the limit.

Who knows, I don't know his academic status either.

Nothing wrong with Europe though. Sure, the pay isn't anything like the NBA, but it's much better than most jobs the vast majority of college graduates will make. Unless of course you're stuck in the bottom of the barrell league. That and it's a cultural experience that's worth having and seeing IMO.

Ball out this next year, enjoy your time here, get that degree or work on an advanced one, make some money with the NIL deal, and the sky is the limit.
Man 100% agree. I had two friends that i used to play with that ended up in Europe and then in south america (Argentina mostly) playing ball. Its an unreal experience getting to travel all over europe while getting paid to play basketball. Depending on the country, it can be a great time.

Was that before or after the NIL deal? Ruiz isn't throwing money sponsoring kids who are leaving.
I’m sure the deal has contingencies. But I don’t think Wong is grading out as a draftee (while I was right in my defense of coach L, I got ahead of my skis with Wong). So he seems to be a near lock to return.

This is fun :)

Advertisement
Back