Roman's breakdown (1st half)

I’ve always said it. Diaz defense is good for the middle of the pack teams but it will never be a defense where we will dominate a top 10 team.

You live in a fantasy land if you think there‘s one that can consistently.

Have you watched any other college football recently?

Advertisement
This game was never going to be won by the defense. So I don't really understand what people expected from them. The Diaz defense has always been an inconsistent group and without Shaq and Pinckney. The inconsistency are even larger. Lord knows those two dudes will never go down as UM greats but they look that way compared to 53 and 44.

If this game was going to be won or kept close. It was all up to King and Lashlee to pull through and sadly Lashlee got punked. There was no need to constantly go for the chunk play. I guess if you go for them enough you'll eventually get one but at what price? We didn't get a single one the other night and the scoreboard showed it.

Lashlee coached shook from the very moment his offense hit the field. 5 drives in the 2nd qtr and four 3 and outs. At the very least we should've went into halftime down 1 to 3 points. Then all he does is come out in the 2nd half coaching like he did in the 1st.

You can't expect to stay in games with an inconsistent defense that has lived on the field all night. Our defense was on the field for 2.5 qtrs and our longest drive of the night was 4 minutes and that was basically at the end of the game.

13 drives and 9 1st downs

That screen pass on 3rd and 14 was all Jennings. If he keeps running he forces the play back inside for maybe 6 yards. He stops and gets reached and that was it. How you keep trotting players out after mistakes like that is baffling
I seen the same thing. How does he allow himself to be turned back inside smh

That screen pass on 3rd and 14 was all Jennings. If he keeps running he forces the play back inside for maybe 6 yards. He stops and gets reached and that was it. How you keep trotting players out after mistakes like that is baffling

Because his coach sucks balls. Our middle linebacker was averaging one tackle per game heading into the Clemson game. How anyone could be OK with that is beyond me! These idiots don’t know what good linebacker play looks like. They don’t even have enough common sense to keep Brooks on the field.

Advertisement
It's shocking to see how poorly coached we are, Manny was another terrible hire by Miami, we haven't gotten it right since Butch

Another sad stat to Diaz’s defense. We lead the country in giving up plays of 10 yards or more. Smh
I think that has more to do with how poor our LB play is. Bolden is constantly having to clean up missed tackles and the poor angles 44 and 53 take. It’s truly astounding that this guys are still starting

I’m 3 minutes into the and what I hear from this is we were not prepared!!! That screen play is a staple for Clemson, how are we not prepared for that! The offensive tendencies how do we not make big changes!! Crazy do that we in the game even more!
mind you two weeks to prepare :

Advertisement
They threw the ball downfield like 3 times the entire game. Twice to ladson I believe. He dropped one. Then a wheel route to ETN. Their tight ends gashed is for three touchdowns. ETN had 2. Lawrence ran one. They involved the linebackers for 95% of their play calls. And it worked. The throws they had Lawrence making could have been accomplished by anyone. He did nothing overly special against us besides a couple broken plays. It’s a joke.
And that's what's making it so difficult to swallow. Everyone's saying it's because Lawrence is a generational talent. But he didn't have to extend himself. How many other time has a QB nobodies heard of done the same.

After 5 seasons of this hodgepodge scheme I think it’s clear that there is zero emphasis or force/fill concepts. It’s literally just run through the gap as fast as you can and that’s it. It’s not just one player, it’s every player every season for years now.
Agree:

This game was never going to be won by the defense. So I don't really understand what people expected from them. The Diaz defense has always been an inconsistent group and without Shaq and Pinckney. The inconsistency are even larger. Lord knows those two dudes will never go down as UM greats but they look that way compared to 53 and 44.

If this game was going to be won or kept close. It was all up to King and Lashlee to pull through and sadly Lashlee got punked. There was no need to constantly go for the chunk play. I guess if you go for them enough you'll eventually get one but at what price? We didn't get a single one the other night and the scoreboard showed it.

Lashlee coached shook from the very moment his offense hit the field. 5 drives in the 2nd qtr and four 3 and outs. At the very least we should've went into halftime down 1 to 3 points. Then all he does is come out in the 2nd half coaching like he did in the 1st.

You can't expect to stay in games with an inconsistent defense that has lived on the field all night. Our defense was on the field for 2.5 qtrs and our longest drive of the night was 4 minutes and that was basically at the end of the game.

13 drives and 9 1st downs
Again all good points, but forgot the coach when question about his defense being on the field to long, he said well **** stop them. I agree don't understand our game plan on offense, we should have done what Clemson was doing to us : **** I think everything they threw were bubbles slants, screens throwbacks : they negated our greatest strength on defense by getting the ball out quickly, this is the same formula everyone will be using against us .

Advertisement
We never gameplan for anyone on defense literally ever. Same thing every week. Not to mention every player offense to defense all look unprepared, poorly coached, and lack and semblance of discipline. Need to gut some of the worthless coaches like years ago

Advertisement
Back