Richt article

Advertisement
“No one was doing those things back when I was calling.”

“When we had Charlie Ward, I don’t think I ever called a QB run, but he ran for 550 yards because he could.”

Huh???

FSU ran zone read with Ward when Richt was there, gave us fits with it in 95'. And Rich Rod was running plenty of zone read at Glenville St. as HC, & Tulane & Clemson as Tommy Bowden's OC.

Maybe He doesn't remember because He didn't call plays when Brad Scott was there.

Richt would've accepted coordinator duties? I see something good coming out of that.. in case a certain someone wanted to leave and be a head coach.. would Richt step down???

So Diaz, a guy with zero d1 experience, and one good year ever as a DC in his cAreer is worth asking richt, a guy who was consistently good in the sec and coached two heisman trophy winners at fsu to potentially step down so we don't 'lose' someone of diazs worth?

Lol

Another swing and a miss by Bielema suckboy [MENTION=4559]hamburgerhipster[/MENTION]. Diaz has had more than one good year as a D.C. - look it up

CMR has a real vision for this UM team.. Year 2 for him will be a really fun year, because he will have a QB that can move and do more with legs.. Like I said, "he never called QB run plays for Ward but he had 550 yds", so I look at it like this CMR wants a QB that is smarter enough to know when he needs to run and when he needs to throw it and when he needs to hand it off..

Advertisement
Best offense since 2002?? Say what? Ritch can call play, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Richt would've accepted coordinator duties? I see something good coming out of that.. in case a certain someone wanted to leave and be a head coach.. would Richt step down???

So Diaz, a guy with zero d1 experience, and one good year ever as a DC in his cAreer is worth asking richt, a guy who was consistently good in the sec and coached two heisman trophy winners at fsu to potentially step down so we don't 'lose' someone of diazs worth?

Lol

and a Heisman runner-up.

Happens all the time. HCs often step down to become coordinators of their team to let an assistant be the HC.

Well the article did state he would have accepted a coordinator job just for the hands on role which is a surprise.. so why is it so farfetched to think he would possibly step down from head coaching duties for someone that is younger enthusiastic and he clearly trust with the program in attempt to keep the program dominant.. wouldn't that be a win/win for us as the fans

:q3XKXeX:

You mean like, his son?

Advertisement

Happens all the time. HCs often step down to become coordinators of their team to let an assistant be the HC.

Well the article did state he would have accepted a coordinator job just for the hands on role which is a surprise.. so why is it so farfetched to think he would possibly step down from head coaching duties for someone that is younger enthusiastic and he clearly trust with the program in attempt to keep the program dominant.. wouldn't that be a win/win for us as the fans

:q3XKXeX:

You mean like, his son?

Ok ok i admit i said something dumb and unlikely.. Just a thought that I instantly had when i read that line.. Sheeesh lol nothing gets a pass around here

So - we could hire Butch, and everyone stays, with Richt calling plays?

hiring Butch Davis wouldve been the nail in the coffin for this program

You mean like last October?

what has Butch Davis ever accomplished for a football program besides unprecedented NCAA investigations??

I'm with you. I can see him stepping down next year and being OC only.

P. S. It's not a surprise that he would have taken an OC gig because he said so the day UM hired him.

P. S. It's not a surprise that he would have taken an OC gig because he said so the day UM hired him.

I missed that

Advertisement

So - we could hire Butch, and everyone stays, with Richt calling plays?

hiring Butch Davis wouldve been the nail in the coffin for this program

You mean like last October?

what has Butch Davis ever accomplished for a football program besides unprecedented NCAA investigations??

You just pull loose from your momma's ***?

Butch was hired to clean up at UM after we almost got our football ticket punched by the NCAA - and ran a clean program.

Not only that - Butch Davis assembled at UM the greatest college football team ever assembled.

UNC admitted Butch Davis had absolutely nothing to do with the practices long in place at UNC.

I bet you are your proctologists very favorite patient - with the relative ease you can reach around and pull things out of your nether region.!

No.

And I don't believe Richt was seriously considering a job as an OC.

You're really not trying to run with this idea are you?

People say and think about a lot of things, but I don't think Richt would have seriously considered accepting a coordinator job. He's considered and ranked as a Top 15 to 20 HC. I don't care what he said in this article.

Advertisement

You're really not trying to run with this idea are you?

People say and think about a lot of things, but I don't think Richt would have seriously considered accepting a coordinator job. He's considered and ranked as a Top 15 to 20 HC. I don't care what he said in this article.

Read the thread I already stated i said something dumb and unlikely

Lol

Advertisement
Back