Rewatching some highlights...

• Thread starter Thread starter deleted1562
  • Start date Start date
D

deleted1562

[video=youtube;FYX5fggOiSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYX5fggOiSc[/video]

Great game right there

Advertisement
IIRC Cooper actually did score on that dive to the pylon. Epps cradles that catch and finally gets some confidence. Maybe Jacory's best game at the U.

The game that initiated my drive off a **** cliff w/ Jacory. F'in guy stepping up in the pocket and everything instead of drifting.

Damnit.

Advertisement
Everyone of the 08 class regressed from that point on

Yup it's so sad. Spence was the only one that became a really good player. Travis Benjamin was solid throughout his career but never became a superstar. I was at this game and not only was it the best sports game I had ever been to, I also left that stadium thinking we're back. GT game was next and we looked amazing as well. Everything was downhill after that.

Advertisement

Yup it's so sad. Spence was the only one that became a really good player. Travis Benjamin was solid throughout his career but never became a superstar. I was at this game and not only was it the best sports game I had ever been to, I also left that stadium thinking we're back. GT game was next and we looked amazing as well. Everything was downhill after that.

Not completely true. We got demolished by VT, but then rebounded with a huge win against a Top 10, but overrated, Oklahoma team, and we cracked the Top 10 in the AP poll I think. The Clemson loss by 3 in OT was the killer, and then UNC as well. We faced an underrated Wisconsin team, came out extremely flat (minus the sick kick return TD) on a freezing night in Orlando (I'm from NY, I was at this game, and the PSU vs. LSU one later that week, both those games were frigid), and put up a fight in the Champs Sports Bowl. All in all, it wasn't a horrible season.

great game. i remember watching it at my house....

i broke the glass bulb-casing on my ceiling fan with my head after jumping off my couch when that last pass was called incomplete. jacory played lights out. cooper balled out as well.

Advertisement
Was at that game with 3 Nole buddies of mine. So sweet to walk out of there watching the whole crowd hanging there heads low.

****, so many memories of great Miami-FSU games.

Not completely true. We got demolished by VT, but then rebounded with a huge win against a Top 10, but overrated, Oklahoma team, and we cracked the Top 10 in the AP poll I think. The Clemson loss by 3 in OT was the killer, and then UNC as well. We faced an underrated Wisconsin team, came out extremely flat (minus the sick kick return TD) on a freezing night in Orlando (I'm from NY, I was at this game, and the PSU vs. LSU one later that week, both those games were frigid), and put up a fight in the Champs Sports Bowl. All in all, it wasn't a horrible season.

called back for holding, iirc

i was at that game too. cold as **** on florida standards.

Advertisement
I was at that game with some of my FSU-fan/friends. It was electric down to the last minute. I couldn't believe the outcome, and was so excited about that season.

Sad it ended up like it did, but man it was exciting for that while.

The game that initiated my drive off a **** cliff w/ Jacory. F'in guy stepping up in the pocket and everything instead of drifting.

Damnit.

I felt like that with Kyle's first start against FSU in 05. Dude was throwing lasers despite getting crushed every play. I remember telling our friend, "welp, our OL sucks, but it looks like we found the QB of our future!" lol

the turning point was really the VT game when Jacory went from Black Jesus to.....well, Jacory lol. That game, the 2005 GT game, and 2009 Clemson loss in OT were the absolute worst losses ever (outside of the fiasco bowl of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally kicked my dog at the end because I thought that pass in the endzone was caught for a touchdown. It wasn't until I saw Jared Campbell rip his helmet off and start running around that I realized we won.

Advertisement
Back