Red Shirts

Advertisement
Both FR QB's won't RS... u have 2 take into count injury... plus u need at least 3 QB's...
if there is an injury and they are needed.....they can always play........but i would expect them both to be RS unless something were to happen

So you think we would go into the season 2 deep at QB? Not taking David Thompson into account whatsoever. I am thinking they might redshirt Crow over Dewey simply to space out the years between the 3... Possibly Dewey then Crow then Olsen comes in, who already said he is willing to red shirt when he gets here (from what's been rumored). It depends which of the 2 freshies are more game ready as we approach the fall. Gotta think 3 will make the roster though.

I am thinkin:
Dewey/Crow
Gadbois
O'Donnell
V. Davis
Witt
Isadora
Ivery/Briscoe

Thinking it might be a few more than we expect to offset the small class for next year, and a couple cats that might need to put on a few pounds. We brought in a bunch of DB's, so I think its fair to assume 1 or 2 of them might see red in their near future. Not that they're bad, but to stagger the roster for the near future. Hopefully we recruited young men who buy into the system in place. :neonu:

Last edited:
not 2 deep.....we still have 4 QBs.......but your 3rd string qb isnt gonna play anyway......and it makes no sense to burn a RS on a holder

even if somebody gets hurt.......one of them gets elevated to the #2......but that doesnt mean they will play.......so yeah......they both RS.....because if you need them due to injury......you can always burn the RS and play them

it doesnt make any sense to burn a RS on to hold for FGs just to space the two of them out.....thats idiotic

as for gadbois.......not a chance he doesnt play

Last edited:
No way Dillard gets redshirted,I will be 1st to admit I was wrong if he does.We need bodies at running back.Tough call on quarterbacks,we need more than 2 on the sidelines but you can always burn the redshirt if needed.Remember these guys will be working scout team,so redshirt too many guys at 1 position and you have rep issues.

Redshirts:
QB Crow or Dewey,Thompson
WR Jones and Carter
OL Isadora
DL O'Donnell
LB Blue Terry
DB Davis Dortch Jenkins

Advertisement
No way Dillard gets redshirted,I will be 1st to admit I was wrong if he does.We need bodies at running back.Tough call on quarterbacks,we need more than 2 on the sidelines but you can always burn the redshirt if needed.Remember these guys will be working scout team,so redshirt too many guys at 1 position and you have rep issues.

Redshirts:
QB Crow or Dewey,Thompson
WR Jones and Carter
OL Isadora
DL O'Donnell
LB Blue Terry
DB Davis Dortch Jenkins
you wont have "rep issues" if you RS 2 qbs

dont forget that we will have thompson and also botchs kid is a pretty good qb and hes gonna be a walk on......also dallas crawford was a scout team qb for most of last year........RS 2 qbs.....isnt a big deal

also......just because they RS doesnt mean that they arent gonna be taking snaps in practice.......you would need to make sure that if you had to go to one of them for whatever reason that they would be ready

again the only reason i see dilliard sitting is because there simply arent gonna be enough touches for 5 RBs

somebody getting hurt may change that.......but if you cant get a kid enough touches.......there is no point in playing him

Need to redshirt as many as possible with sanctions looming.

All the qb's
Dillard
2 wr's
All the OL except maybe Flowers
All the DL except Hamilton and maybe one other guy
2 of the LB's
Let Bush, Howard, Hope, and Jenkins play. Redshirt the rest

All the qb's
Dillard
2 wr's
2 of the LB's

good call

All the qb's
Dillard
2 wr's
2 of the LB's
first of all.......by only playing with 80 kids.......thats basically self imposed sanctions

secondly.......when dealing with a reduction in schollies......its better to have younger kids with more game experience......than older kids with none

third.......even with a RS a kid can still leave early after being out of high school 3 years

so pending sanctions really dont matter here at all

Advertisement
I hope Gadbois gets a shirt. If my mental math is correct that would put him at 23 or 24 by the time he is a fifth year senior. Grown *** man with a mean streak. Like the sound of that a lot.

Witt gonna ship just cause we have the depth?

Does he need to get stronger?

I think this kid is gonna be a good one here.

Is it set in concrete that we are going with 80 this year? I know Golden said we would probably be at 80 but never anywhere where he said that was the concrete number.

According to the the eligibility chart we are at 85 now if everyone gets in (except AJL). That would mean we have 5 left to trim/or not get in.

Is it set in concrete that we are going with 80 this year? I know Golden said we would probably be at 80 but never anywhere where he said that was the concrete number.

According to the the eligibility chart we are at 85 now if everyone gets in (except AJL). That would mean we have 5 left to trim/or not get in.
we are going to play with 80 this year

Advertisement
Witt gonna ship just cause we have the depth?

Does he need to get stronger?

I think this kid is gonna be a good one here.

He needs to get bigger and the injury hurt him. I think the depth is fine this year too with Buchanon, Gaines, Johnson, Paul, Cornelius all at OLB.

FWIW I really like his potential.

If in fact the idea is to get down to 80 players then these guys are gone:

Ben Jones
Davon Johnson
Jeremy Lewis
Kendal Thompkins

Advertisement
Back