Realistic season predictions and expectations. Warning: reasonable post

Advertisement
The goal every year is to win the Coastal and to get a crack at the ACC Championship. In 15 tries the Canes have only won the division once and have never earned an ACC title. While beating Florida would be a great start to the season, a win against an out-of-conference opponent and hated rival really means nothing in the grand scheme of what college football has become.

Bragging rites and recruiting—at day's end, no one will remember a late August game the way they will a December conference title game and a shot at Clemson. Win or lose, UM needs to win the division and play that first Saturday in December—with a solid season in the rearview year one under Diaz.

Reaching the ACC title game will hold more credibility with recruits (re: the state of the program and its future) than beating the Gator in August.

I disagree to some extent. Beating the Gayturd goes a long way to selling the program to potential recruits AND winning the Coastal. I believe we can accomplish both this year. Some may not recall the 8/24 game but the vast majority of us will. It’s imperative we crush them, and their dreams for their season because it’s the hated and despised Gayturd.

In the end, everything will unfold as it should. Historically the biggest reasons why this team failed to meet expectations or underachieved has been due to coaching & administration support. As we approach this upcoming season both of those issues have been addressed.

Last edited:
We have the talent to do quite well, if we can avoid the injury bug I can see us winning 9 or 10 games, with injuries we could have problems.

Let’s pray all of the injuries have occurred now in the Spring camp. We can’t afford to have this recent rash of the injury bug come the Fall and the season. We’re not deep enough across positions to overcome it if it occurs. I think we avoid it and it helps with the season.

Advertisement
I dismissed that dumb **** too.

Their two 1000 yard rushers got absolutely throttled (47 and 28 yards against Miami last year) but Miami is a coin flip.

Posters really go to great lengths to outsmart themselves to find games for Miami to lose.

We've had the Dnofrio offense the last 3 years and folks still do not appreciate what our defense did most of the season. I could care less about Wisconsin. We should be FINALLY be able to pin our eyes back and murder some of these teams because Manny is going to run up the score like Jimmy used too.

Anything less than 11-1 is an abject failure.

The only team we play that had fewer than 5 losses last year is UF. We leave the state 3 times and have I believe and do not quote me on this 3 bye-weeks. 11-1. We score 28 points a game last year and we're 11-1.

Last edited:
Anything less than 9-3 would be very disappointing, and that’s assuming that UF is one of the losses. That should get us to the ACCCG

It would take something catastrophic to not reach 9 wins

I guess 16-0 with "Better Than The Best Ever" on our championship ring wouldn't qualify as "reasonable".

Fine. We beat UF out of sheer optimism and run the table through the regular season, losing to Clemson in the ACCCG and win our bowl game. 13-1

Advertisement
We used to play in the Big East and dominate. Now we play in one of the softest divisions in all of CFB and we have won the division once in 15 ******* years. The Big East wasn’t that tough, but when we played the big dog in the big game, we won. If we go any worse than 10-2 in the regular season, we may never make it back. Whoever plays Clemson in the ACCCG is going to get their **** pushed in.

Advertisement
We've had the Dnofrio offense the last 3 years and folks still do not appreciate what our defense did most of the season. I could care less about Wisconsin. We should be FINALLY be able to pin our eyes back and murder some of these teams because Manny is going to run up the score like Jimmy used too.

Anything less than 11-1 is an abject failure.

The only team we play that had fewer than 5 losses last year is UF. We leave the state 3 times and have I believe and do not quote me on this 3 bi-weeks. 11-1. We score 28 points a game last year and we're 11-1.

This guy gets it

I feel like a position we think is solid, maybe the dline or rbs, will be underperform and then a position we have questions about like oline or dbs will play better than expected.

We win week 0, some scrub team humbles us in a cold road game but it gets us back motivated and we finish out the season strong. 11-1

I feel like a position we think is solid, maybe the dline or rbs, will be underperform and then a position we have questions about like oline or dbs will play better than expected.

We win week 0, some scrub team humbles us in a cold road game but it gets us back motivated and we finish out the season strong. 11-1
I'm just glad to see that the schedule makers didn't schedule a late November trip to Pitt again. Never understood how they let that happen. It should be around 55-65 in Pitt for our game.

Advertisement
the reason why we lost was because the players did not believe in the leadership. New blood, new ideas, new format and new attitude. it goes a long way. psychology goes a long way. Jimmy Johnson, was a master.

I have us at 11-3. We have 9 regular season games in the state of Florida.

1) One loss in beginning of year due to guys still acclimating to offense.
2) Another loss in middle to later in year to a team that we should beat due to again our offense and inability to know to how to win consistently.
3) Loss to Clemson in ACC conference game.

We win our bowl!

Advertisement
Back