RB targets

Gonna go out on a limb that the “yikes” is for posters implying that the staff being “afraid” to bring in a true proven CB1 may run off a guy who hasn’t earned/proven anything and is only slated to start now due to how ******* porous our CB recruiting has been for far too long.
Well Done Reaction GIF

Advertisement
If Porter (4th year guy), Richard (3rd year guy) and to a lesser extend Brown (2nd year guy but was a premier CB recruit) aint ready by now..When will they be? And now you got Powell in the mix too..I mean what are we waiting for? Unless you are saying you dont think Porter, Richard and Brown are any good. Then thats another story. I would disagree with you there overall.

But I have said in prevoius posts about the CB portal argument..what CB worth anything is going to come here to compete? These guys in the portal for the most part want guaranteed starting jobs. Now if you are talking about just getting a depth piece that has no expectations of getting a starting job..thats a different story.
Compete against what exactly?

Ja'Dais & Damari have 2 starts on their resume. What have they proven that tangibly makes them shoo-in starters other than the fact they're already on the team & have no one else behind them?

If there are profanity filters then we should be able to filter out anyone suggesting we shouldn’t upgrade our CB room for any reason

And I happen to like many of the guys in that room (pause)

So it is written

Huge mistake. Not enough talent in that room to be ready. Need another solid CB.
I definitely agree that we need more numbers at CB. Good players not just bodies. In terms of getting another starting caliber CB, that will be very difficult because while we are short on numbers, our top 3-4 CBs are very talented. Damari Brown, Jadais Richard and Daryl Porter Jr are an excellent trio of CBs. Plus with Meesh Powell at Nickel That's 4 top notch CBs with Robert Stafford coming on this spring we have 5 CBs who are very talented. They just need to accumulate reps and more game experience. By the end of the year we could have one of the best groups in the ACC barring injury with the 5 I mentioned above. The point being that most portal CBs that we would be interested in are looking for places they think that they can go start immediately and if they come here they are going to have to battle. Still kids like Damari Brown and Jadais Richard may be talented with high ceilings but they haven't proven anything yet. Let's get 2 more CBs here and let them battle. This room certainly needs upgrading and we need to attack the problem now while Cam Ward is here.
We are razor thin and have Demitrius Freeney and a part time Robby Washington behind the 5 above until summer when Ryan Mack and Romanas Frederique arrive. So we need 1-2 CBs in the portal to at least give us some breathing room in case we suffer any injuries.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Compete against what exactly?

Ja'Dais & Damari have 2 starts on their resume. What have they proven that tangibly makes them shoo-in starters other than the fact they're already on the team & have no one else behind them?
Fair point. But what high caliber CB would want to come here to not be guaranteed the starting job? And we know Mario isn’t going to do that. So in essence…they would be “competing”..it’s a risk on the potential portal CBs end. Obviously it’s zero risk on ours. It’s selfish thinking.

If there are profanity filters then we should be able to filter out anyone suggesting we shouldn’t upgrade our CB room for any reason

And I happen to like many of the guys in that room (pause)

So it is written
Big difference between shouldn't and unable to.

I really don't know why so many think spring portal will be better or even equal to the summer portal window in general. Sure there may be some big surprises and a few top names, but in general as a whole there is no way it's going to be better.. Plus Getting a top player last minute in spring is also likely going to be much more expensive. And when money isn't endless that forces you to make bigger tradeoff decisions. That's just how I view this. I've been all about getting a top CB. I just don't view that as a realistic possibility in Spring.

X) Like there are 3 High value/cost positions that you can reasonably argue we could use a top A-level portal addition: DT, WR, & CB.
Y) Then there are 2 Low value/cost positions that you basically can't deny we NEED a B+/A level portal addition: RB & Safety.
Z) Finally I'd argue we at least need 1 player no matter what at RB, TE, EDGE, CB, & S. (We only really need DT/WR if they're going to be impact guys, while the rest we need depth and/or impact guys... I'm including EDGE since staff clearly thinks we're losing someone - kelly).

Now obviously if we have a **** load of cash to blow we just go after the top player at DT, WR, CB, S, and RB and just make the portal our *****. But more realistically, we only have cash for 1 X-grouping player and 2 Y-grouping players OR 2 X grouping players and 0 Y-Grouping players... and filling Z as needed with rest of NIL.

I'd prefer getting a RB/S starter and the best DT we can in the portal... then filling in the rest of the needs with average to cheap players at the rest of our needs. That's basically why I've given up on a top CB/WR in the spring portal window. Landing top DT/RB/S would improve our current starting lineup more than adding a Top WR/CB would.

Advertisement
1000001730.jpg

He replace Parrish, CJ/CW Humphrey replace AJ Allen, Citizen replace Chaney injuries but great, Lyle/Lofton fill in for Fletcher though I expect him back watch.

Advertisement
Gaby says we are thinking bigger than him
I would imagine so, but I’d still take Amos if he was the contingency plan. That said, I do think this is the position they want to make the splash of splashes.

Advertisement
Big difference between shouldn't and unable to.

I really don't know why so many think spring portal will be better or even equal to the summer portal window in general. Sure there may be some big surprises and a few top names, but in general as a whole there is no way it's going to be better.. Plus Getting a top player last minute in spring is also likely going to be much more expensive. And when money isn't endless that forces you to make bigger tradeoff decisions. That's just how I view this. I've been all about getting a top CB. I just don't view that as a realistic possibility in Spring.

X) Like there are 3 High value/cost positions that you can reasonably argue we could use a top A-level portal addition: DT, WR, & CB.
Y) Then there are 2 Low value/cost positions that you basically can't deny we NEED a B+/A level portal addition: RB & Safety.
Z) Finally I'd argue we at least need 1 player no matter what at RB, TE, EDGE, CB, & S. (We only really need DT/WR if they're going to be impact guys, while the rest we need depth and/or impact guys... I'm including EDGE since staff clearly thinks we're losing someone - kelly).

Now obviously if we have a **** load of cash to blow we just go after the top player at DT, WR, CB, S, and RB and just make the portal our *****. But more realistically, we only have cash for 1 X-grouping player and 2 Y-grouping players OR 2 X grouping players and 0 Y-Grouping players... and filling Z as needed with rest of NIL.

I'd prefer getting a RB/S starter and the best DT we can in the portal... then filling in the rest of the needs with average to cheap players at the rest of our needs. That's basically why I've given up on a top CB/WR in the spring portal window. Landing top DT/RB/S would improve our current starting lineup more than adding a Top WR/CB would.
I’ll just agree with whatever you’re saying here because I don’t want you to make another long post for no reason

Advertisement
Back