Ray Ray Says Mario's Building a Wall.

Advertisement
A great big wall.. with a little gate to let the sucky players out. The nole and the gayter gotta build their roosters.

pink floyd loop GIF by A. L. Crego

That dog in guys. Ya know that dog that just doesn’t quit. Think we just haven’t signed talented enough kids or kids without that dog?
You mean the elite, elite, elite beast dog mythical creature that we have allegedly recruited for the past 10yrs according to some...

I kid, but I have heard the word "elite" enough on these boards to last me a lifetime.

Go Canes!

The way some of our “fans” don’t care about keeping these local stars home is absurd. Sure they can be “divas”, but let’s not forget Miami also SUCKED during that time. Why stay home with the 7-5 AT BEST team when actual national championship contenders are sending scholarship offers????

Of course we should be recruiting well nationally, but acting like the best talent isn’t right in our backyard is just dumb. All of the successful schools are featuring star players from right in the middle of areas we should own.

And there’s no bias coming from me, I’m not even from Florida at all. These are just facts https://highschoolfootballamerica.c...-most-nfl-players-on-kickoff-weekend-rosters/

IMO, the only way they are going to truly convince future SF elite kids to stay home is if we first have success recruiting nationally.

It's the same thing with women. What's the best way to make a hot woman want you? Make her jealous. How do you do that? Divert some of your attention elsewhere. Getting recruits like Mauigoa, Okunlola, Wayne, Ricks, etc.. on board will be more effective to changing the "diva" mindset than recruiting SF kids with a sense of desperation.

Advertisement
I prefer a Texas, Louisiana, california wall. Kids who have no reason to **** on Miami

Advertisement
Asking South Florida kids to be "loyal" to Miami (prior to Mario) is like asking Macho to be loyal to a woman who doesn’t appreciate my sensitive side.
It ain't happening.

Why the **** would any local kid be loyal to a program that's not winning and/or developing players for the next level?

Blind loyalty is ignorance.

Watch how "loyal" they become under Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this is going to be a controversial opinion here but I’m actually really tired of hearing this analogy
I can understand this. But you can understand how from Ray-Ray’s perspective it means a lot for him to have the local guys stay local. And I would argue that its better when a player is making the analogy as opposed to a fan or even a coach.

I can understand this. But you can understand how from Ray-Ray’s perspective it means a lot for him to have the local guys stay local. And I would argue that its better when a player is making the analogy as opposed to a fan or even a coach.
Oh totally agree

I tried to kinda clarify like this was just me venting in general

I think coming from him it’s absolutely a positive

Advertisement
I keep seeing this Sebastian lane, these guys have legit info if they just get good interviews?

you can build a wall/fence, but occasionally a cat can still bolt

but if they know where their food is, they almost always come back in time

Resized_1cec7458-b448-49da-9077-75aad8a334be_399956809131905.gif

Advertisement
The way some of our “fans” don’t care about keeping these local stars home is absurd. Sure they can be “divas”, but let’s not forget Miami also SUCKED during that time. Why stay home with the 7-5 AT BEST team when actual national championship contenders are sending scholarship offers????

Of course we should be recruiting well nationally, but acting like the best talent isn’t right in our backyard is just dumb. All of the successful schools are featuring star players from right in the middle of areas we should own.

And there’s no bias coming from me, I’m not even from Florida at all. These are just facts https://highschoolfootballamerica.c...-most-nfl-players-on-kickoff-weekend-rosters/

Brian Kelly won titles?

Asking South Florida kids to be "loyal" to Miami (prior to Mario) is like asking Macho to be loyal to a woman who doesn’t appreciate my sensitive side.
It ain't happening.

Why the **** would any local kid be loyal to a program that's not winning and/or developing players for the next level?

Blind loyalty is ignorance.

Watch how "loyal" they become under Mario.
but why should they be choosing a program that turned over a coaching staff and aren't responsible for recruiting the studs that were produced. ****, who has ND produced at WR in the league? golden Tate?

either way, he can decide to go wherever. its his choice.

Advertisement
Back