Rating the Shannon Holdovers

Telemaque is way too high. J Johnson, McGee, and Perry are too high although I remain hopeful about Perry. From all I read, I believe Cain will demonstrate that he should be considerably higher. If he can stay healthy, White should be much higher. I think Rodgers will prove to be the best of the DBs on this list. Finally, if White moves up B. Jones will be positioned correctly.

Advertisement
Can't complain about that list. We have a lot of NFL potential.

Careers in the NFL(Three years or more)

Telemaque
Seantrel
Porter
Buchanan
Clements
Gaines
Cornelius
D. Johnson

Will get NFL shots
James
Linder
Hurns
Morris
Wieclaw
Feliciano
McGee
McDermott
Cleveland
Highsmith
Rodgers
Cain

Lulz at you putting Telemaque, Clements, and Buchanan before Linder & Feliciano

Telemaque - will make a roster either special teams, back up or maybe even a starter at some point. He may move to the SS in the NFL
Clements- is a very underrated TB by our fans. He is fast, has nice size who can run and catch the ball very well. I can see him as a third down back in the NFL. I think he has a huge year and takes over the number one option at TB
Buchanan- has size and will do well at the combine. He should run a 4.5 forty and test very well. I see him making a NFL roster as a special teamer and maybe starts one day.

Linder & Feliciano - are big guys. Not a lot of big guys get selected. Not really many spots on special teams as other positions. They need to have solid years in order to place them on a NFL team. At this point I am not sure how they will grade out in the NFL because big guys are a lot harder to scout for success. I do think they are very good players

The above group of players are solid. Better than we give them credit for, IMO. The thing that sticks out, however, is that there's not one game-changer in that list. Where's the Hester who will return a punt, or the Rolle who will intercept the pass or the Wilfork who will sack the QB on 3rd and goal, and single-handedly shift momentum in the game to go from an L to a W? You only need a couple to be a championship team. But I don't see even 1 on the above list. I see several among the 2011 and 2012 classes.

Thats the problem. The most dynamic players on our roster are all golden recruits and they are all freshman pretty much

If we were hypothetically allowed to make changes to this list...

I'd hypothetically say there is no way James is a better football player than Linder....and I might even put Feliciano over James as well

James, to me, is just an average back. Average burst, average vision, not explosive or violent between the tackles. He's a jack of all trades...a Q Hill clone if you will. If we're talking purely as a runner...I'd take Clements over him. I know James is a better receiver but he just hasn't shown me anything special as a runner.

And while we're being hypothetical, I'd hypothetically add that Bunche is way too low on the list as well...and I'd possibly, hypothetically, put him over James as well.

That's 3/5's of our starting O-Line right there.

I am thinking James will surprise some people this season. Don't sleep on him!

I'd be pretty shocked if James ends up with more carries than Clements and Duke. James is what he is....you can spot an electric runner the first time you see him. I remember the first time I saw Gore at Gables High and I was simply in awe. I know that's not a fair comparison so I'll use Damian Berry as example B.....from the first time I saw him get a carry you could tell he was a violent runner beween the tackles and had a little short area explosion to his game.

James doesn't have that. I think you'll see him used in that Q Hill glorified receiving fullback role this year. If he isn't used that way it's because Duke and Clements just didn't have good seasons or live up to expectations.....in which case we'll probably look back and say we had a bad year running the ball.

Advertisement
I think Linder should be #1 on that list. Feliciano and Hurns are too low. A lot of the guys on the list are still pretty young so we don't know if any of them will pull a Streeter and become major contributors out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Back