Randy Shannon suing University of Miami

LOL, this is a great way to get a job. Sue your previous employer!

This. His chances of getting another head coaching job just went out the window. If the agreement in the contract was for a lump sum, pay him the lump sum. If there is no lump sum language UM is doing nothing wrong. I disagree with paying him for the Sun Bowl - UM should fight that. His contract had already been terminated. As long as bowl games were not mentioned in the termination section specifically tell him to go pound sand.

Advertisement
id like to see the school countersue him for the money he stole and for damages for setting the program back 40 years

Advertisement
This may be a case of winning A battle, and losing the war.

Schools don't like hiring folks who sue the Universities they worked for. Especially when it comes to splitting legal hairs.

Unless my memory completely fails me, that was why Kehoe was an 'untouchable' for many years. He fought his termination with the 'U' and that tainted him until Golden came along.

Shannon will need these funds now - 'cause he won't be getting any head coaching job in this century.

There is a way to do this and this wasnt it. Notice the only two boneheads defending this move. Shannon gets not gig anytime soon, athletic directors and Presidents talk to ya know.

I blame UM for hiring Shannon. Then I blame UM for giving RS that extention and I blame UM for giving him an extention with a buyout.

The complaint alleges that the contract provided that he would receive compensation should the university get invited to a bowl game (i.e. a bonus). He's not looking for his paycheck for COACHING in the game. I don't see any way around that issue. Pay Shannon his money. As for the other issue, unless there is something in the contract that allows them to prorate his buyout, which I doubt, then they should not be prorating his buyout. Again, pay the guy his money. If you don't like it, don't enter into ****** contracts. Blaming Shannon for suing to recover what UM owes him is absurd.

Advertisement
He could always just get a job somewhere else and stop milking the U, right city? Surely plenty of places are itching to hire him, right?

Randy can land a job at any major University as a Defensive Coordinator. His is still one of most sought after DC's in the NCAA. So many schools contact him about a DC position.

Problem is that he wants to be a Head Coach. His chances of landing a Head Coaching job at a major university are slim. He could get gigs at schools in the Conference USA, Mid American and Sunbelt where he would have to spend years rebuilding.

But that is the stubborn part of Shannon. He could have easily went to Texas, Tennessee, and UCLA as a defensive coordinator and put together some top defenses with the talent those schools bring in. His road to head coaching would be a lot easier if he took a DC job first

I'm amazed there is one person that actually believes this.

Maybe Coker will bring him on at UTSA

The complaint alleges that the contract provided that he would receive compensation should the university get invited to a bowl game (i.e. a bonus). He's not looking for his paycheck for COACHING in the game. I don't see any way around that issue. Pay Shannon his money. As for the other issue, unless there is something in the contract that allows them to prorate his buyout, which I doubt, then they should not be prorating his buyout. Again, pay the guy his money. If you don't like it, don't enter into ****** contracts. Blaming Shannon for suing to recover what UM owes him is absurd.

Well said-Pay the man what he is owed

As far as im concerned he was stealing from the university accepting any form of payment after the FSU blasting at home his last year. He stopped trying on the field and recruiting wise.

How about UM tells him to F off and ask him why nevin was hooking players up under his watch?

Advertisement
Kehoe sued the university after being fired and the school hired him back after a lawsuit

Pay shannon the money

He could always just get a job somewhere else and stop milking the U, right city? Surely plenty of places are itching to hire him, right?

Randy can land a job at any major University as a Defensive Coordinator. His is still one of most sought after DC's in the NCAA. So many schools contact him about a DC position.

Problem is that he wants to be a Head Coach. His chances of landing a Head Coaching job at a major university are slim. He could get gigs at schools in the Conference USA, Mid American and Sunbelt where he would have to spend years rebuilding.

But that is the stubborn part of Shannon. He could have easily went to Texas, Tennessee, and UCLA as a defensive coordinator and put together some top defenses with the talent those schools bring in. His road to head coaching would be a lot easier if he took a DC job first

I'm amazed there is one person that actually believes this.

Maybe Coker will bring him on at UTSA

DiegoCane, City has been talking up Shannon as the next coming of Jesus Christ since I was on Canestime.... Laugh at it or ignore it is all you can do

All of this. UM looks petty holding out on him. Not only are they going to have to pay anyway, now they're gonna be billed by counsel too.

Advertisement
He wants to get paid for 'coaching' the bowl game after he got ****-canned??? GTFOH. AND no one is chasing after him as a DC.

If the law is about producing justice against those responsible, then UM should sue paul dee for the full amount of randy's contract.

Advertisement
Back