Randy Shannon suing University of Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
If convicts that are falsely imprisoned are compensated for their time served, then Randy owes us all some ******* money.

Holy ****, never thought this piece of **** would sink this low, but ****. Now I really hope he never gets a shot again. What a douchebag.

Advertisement
My guess (I have not seen the contract) is that the buyout number would go lower and lower as time went on during the contract. So, if the contract went 1 year the buyout was, say 1.5 mil. If two years, 1.25, if 3 1 mil, if 4, then 500k (all are just examples). UM maintains that year one of the contract had passed so they only had to pay the buyout amount after year 1. Randy is looking for the full buyout since, in essence, the first year since he signed had not completed even though he had coached one full season under the contract.

He is also looking for Sun Bowl money from a bowl he did not coach. Randy may be technically right but it is bad PR for him now that this has gone public. It makes him looks desperate and greedy even if he is right. It will **** off alot of UM people as well, not to mention former players who supported him during his hire and tenure.

Advertisement
My guess (I have not seen the contract) is that the buyout number would go lower and lower as time went on during the contract. So, if the contract went 1 year the buyout was, say 1.5 mil. If two years, 1.25, if 3 1 mil, if 4, then 500k (all are just examples). UM maintains that year one of the contract had passed so they only had to pay the buyout amount after year 1. Randy is looking for the full buyout since, in essence, the first year since he signed had not completed even though he had coached one full season under the contract.

He is also looking for Sun Bowl money from a bowl he did not coach. Randy may be technically right but it is bad PR for him now that this has gone public. It makes him looks desperate and greedy even if he is right. It will **** off alot of UM people as well, not to mention former players who supported him during his hire and tenure.

It Makes UM look bad for not honoring contracts. How many times is this going to happen? We do a bad job of paying

This seems like an interpretation of a contract, not an honoring the contract issue. UM believes year 1 was over, Randy does not. Plus the Sun Bowl money.

This should teach UM to stop handing out extensions like they are candy and that is the lesson UM needs to learn. Randy bullied them into that extension. Perry Clark, Larry Coker, and now Randy Shannon.

It Makes UM look bad for not honoring contracts. How many times is this going to happen? We do a bad job of paying

Is ^^^ guy Randy, posting under an assumed name?

Advertisement
He could always just get a job somewhere else and stop milking the U, right city? Surely plenty of places are itching to hire him, right?

It doesn't make him look desperate or greedy. If UM owes him money from a contract, why wouldn't he want it? It will **** off UM people and players because Shannon wants the money he is lawfully entitled to? Come on now.

The document said that because Shannon only coached 5/6 of Year 1, he is only entitled to 5/6 of whatever his buyout is (based on the formula that they don't show). The other issue is that they're paying him in installments as opposed to a lump sum, which wasn't stated in the contract.

Advertisement
Back