Random Thoughts- USF

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
- The offense reminds me of the greatest show on turf/2018 Rams. I literally expect to score every drive.
- The versatility of the offense reminds me of the 49ers. The RBs and TEs are so versatile. They can do it all.
- CJ vs a LB is as big a mismatch as you’ll find. He had 3-4 yards on the LB.
- OJ Frederique must be blanketing his WRs because you never hear his name called.
- Is anyone better on 3rd and long than Cam. It's ridiculous how slow the game is for him. I can't think of many quarterbacks that give you that confidence on 3rd down. He just knows where to put the ball.
- Do our TE’s and RB’s ever drop a pass. They can be huge weapons.
- Shout out to Aaron Feld and the nutrition staff. The team looks like a bunch of Tarzans. The TE's especially are massive and can move. The LBs are significantly bigger and more athletic. Somehow we’ve gone from 6 feet tall lineman like Jakai Clark to a team that physically looks like Georgia.
- Shout out to the position coaches for the development across the board. Especially the WRs- Horton, and X, Francis- huge jump, Arroyo, Wesley, Chase Smith, Jaden Harris etc. The players have improved and developed so much in a year.
- Saw the Lombardi and Belichik podcast comparing Cam to Stroud in college because of his ability to improvise. Joe Burrow and Bryce Young had that ability in college. The lateral to Lyle was a classic.
- Cam has some serious Aaron Rogers in him with those pure arm throws where he doesn’t use his legs at all.
- Scouting this team must be tough given all the bizarre formations and personnel packages. Two TEs out on one side. Haven’t seen that one.

Advertisement
I have also been thinking it’s nice to see us have the size advantage now. And not in the way Golden would talk about it. 🤣 We have it on both sides of the ball, and it was even noticeable against Florida (I know, they’re down, but they still SEC). The guys aren’t just bigger, they are stronger and more agile.

The S&C improvements are something that really matter if we are going to be playing a longer season this year. We’re hoping to play what? three, four more games this year? S&C will matter more this year than ever before.

- Shout out to Aaron Feld and the nutrition staff. The team looks like a bunch of Tarzans. The TE's especially are massive and can move. The LBs are significantly bigger and more athletic. Somehow we’ve gone from 6 feet tall lineman like Jakai Clark to a team that physically looks like Georgia.
It's called recruiting. We're finally bringing in the elite athletes the big boys do.

I love Cam and love what he is doing but his arm is nowhere near Rodger’s who has the best arm talent in the history of foosball. Accuracy, strength, off platform, odd arm angles, all of it. Dude is the GOAT. If cam had half the arm talent he wouldn’t have missed CJJ24 on the designed deep shot. He waited to long and doesn’t have the arm to make that throw.

Cam is an AMAZING college QB and will get drafted higher than he would’ve had he went through last year, but his ceiling is being chase Daniel in the pros. And u know what that is an amazing career

Advertisement
I love Cam. He’s been the best player in NCAAF this year. But **** his weapons are just as good. Horton and Restrepo are playing at all-American level. And the O-Line is a wall in front of him. Mario and the offensive staff have built an offense that is natty level.
Love how Horton is developing and gaining confidence!! He is rock solid.

- The offense reminds me of the greatest show on turf/2018 Rams. I literally expect to score every drive.
- The versatility of the offense reminds me of the 49ers. The RBs and TEs are so versatile. They can do it all.
- CJ vs a LB is as big a mismatch as you’ll find. He had 3-4 yards on the LB.
- OJ Frederique must be blanketing his WRs because you never hear his name called.
- Is anyone better on 3rd and long than Cam. It's ridiculous how slow the game is for him. I can't think of many quarterbacks that give you that confidence on 3rd down. He just knows where to put the ball.
- Do our TE’s and RB’s ever drop a pass. They can be huge weapons.
- Shout out to the position coaches for the development across the board. Especially the WRs- Horton, and X, Francis- huge jump, Arroyo, Wesley, Chase Smith, Jaden Harris etc. The players have improved and developed so much in a year.
- Saw the Lombardi and Belichik podcast comparing Cam to Stroud in college because of his ability to improvise. Joe Burrow and Bryce Young had that ability in college. The lateral to Lyle was a classic.
- Cam has some serious Aaron Rogers in him with those pure arm throws where he doesn’t use his legs at all.
- Scouting this team must be tough given all the bizarre formations and personnel packages. Two TEs out on one side. Haven’t seen that one.

As awesome as Ward has been, I don’t think he is having the same season if X isn’t on the team. He reminds me of OJ McDuffie with Marino long ago. There were more talented receivers, but on 3rd down when Marino needed to move the chains, McDuffie would always find a way to get open.

As awesome as Ward has been, I don’t think he is having the same season if X isn’t on the team. He reminds me of OJ McDuffie with Marino long ago. There were more talented receivers, but on 3rd down when Marino needed to move the chains, McDuffie would always find a way to get open.
Of course. Same with Burrow if he doesn’t have Chase and Jefferson.

I love Cam and love what he is doing but his arm is nowhere near Rodger’s who has the best arm talent in the history of foosball. Accuracy, strength, off platform, odd arm angles, all of it. Dude is the GOAT. If cam had half the arm talent he wouldn’t have missed CJJ24 on the designed deep shot. He waited to long and doesn’t have the arm to make that throw.

Cam is an AMAZING college QB and will get drafted higher than he would’ve had he went through last year, but his ceiling is being chase Daniel in the pros. And u know what that is an amazing career
I was thinking more of the ability to make arm throws with no lower body platform. Rogers makes those routinely. He’s the only guy I see doing that. Cam makes those also.

Advertisement
I would take Cam’s elusiveness and improvisation ability in 2024 over “arm _____*.

You don't think Rogers underhrew any deep balls in college? You don't think his arm grew stronger over his career as a pro? Cam has a cannon, and his college stats dwarf Rodgers' - here and at WSU. You're trying to compare a college quarterback to the future Hall of famer you remember at the peak and latter part of his career.

Rodgers' last year at Cal/12 games including bowl (21 yrs old): 66.1%, 2,566 yds, 24 TD, 8 INT, 126 Rushing yds

Cam's last season at WSU/12 regular season games (21 yrs old): 66.6%, 3,736 yds, 25 TD, 7 INT, 144 Rush yds

What he's on pace for this 12 game regular season (brace yourselves): 72.4%, 5,756 yds, 56 TD, 8 INT, 356 Rush yds

I truly believe that Cam's potential is unlimited, and I mean that literally. You probably won't see a college QB with his feel for the game, savvy, leadership traits, and composure in the pocket/ability to evade pressure to go along with elite accuracy and arm strength again.

He's a better college quarterback than Rodgers was and it's really not close...and not just stats wise. You can't set a cap on how good you think he can eventually get in the league because he's not hitting every single throw now. This is a once in a lifetime player...I hope you see it soon.

He doesn't have Rodger's pure strength, but it's not less than 'half'. That one-the-run across-the-body dime to George in the back of the endzone against the gators was a absolutely Rodgers-esque.

Advertisement
Back