Radakovich

Is that your guitar as your avatar? You play? What brand of guitar is it? That's a Gretsch isn't it?
I wish I could play. Love music, hate music theory. It is Trey Anastasio from Phish’s Languedoc. The luthier who made it was their original sound guy and now just makes guitars, including all of his that he plays. They are gorgeous. Here is a rundown of the different ones he has played over the years:

Advertisement
He went from a LSU AAD to GT AD. That's an entirely appropriate, understandable move. AAD at a big time P5 to AD at low tier (sports-wise) P5 to cut his teeth, then to big time P5 AD.

Going from AAD to LSU to AD at U of New Mexico like Nunez did is an odd move. Im not saying it's a total showstopper, but I'd want to see how sports were doing under his watch. Didn't see anything he did at UNM that made me say "wow, this guy is a hidden treasure". I'd be thrilled if it was Rad

Rather have Brian White here in our own backyard than Nunez...
White is a solid pick with great pedigree...

Jurich, Rad, White... in that order of preference

The reason why people freak out is because there’s a long history of failure here...

Which breeds skepticism & doubt amongst the fans.

Miami doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt anymore because they lost it a long time ago.

Expecting for people to have blind faith in processes that have routinely failed them for nearly two decades is actually more ridiculous than people freaking out over things.

Canes fans have every right question everything at every step, the old adage of “everything is under control” & “the professionals got this” just doesn’t cut it anymore.

And yes Radakovich is a great candidate, but in general terms, Canes fans were right to be upset at the idea of someone like Nunez becoming the AD here.
He worked at lsu though......

Great post!

There's a reason we are the way we are.

ZomboMeme 02122021071013.jpg

Advertisement
Just to be clear Georgia Tech is a way more prestigious AD job than New Mexico. Georgia Tech is in a Power 5 conference. It may not be at the top of the power 5, but it’s certainly not at the bottom either.

Alot of guys got upset at my thoughts on hiring from new mexico. I would gladly take someone from a school like GT.

Won multiple acc championships

Made in to multiple ncaa tournaments.

Thats exactly what miami should be looking for in a AD.

His only previous AD job before Clemson was at the Georgia Institute of Technology. They can’t even spell technology in Georgia.

My point? Resist your urge to freak out over the name you’ve never heard that gets announced as AD. These are not coaches and their role is nothing like a coach. They are administrators.

Your porst seems pretty irrelevant to bring up.

DR was athletic director of a P5 program for 6 years before being hired at Clemson.

EN is AD of a greatly inferior program in a subpar conference.

Please note that: (1) this doesn’t mean when Clemson hired DR, it was a good move. (2) This doesn’t mean that hiring someone from LSU will guarantee or correlate to any success. This is the same potato logic that people on here porst when comparing someone to Saban or Dabo on here.

You’d think that matters but people just freaked out over another LSU assistant because he was at New Mexico

Not sure who “freaked” out or why that is relevant to a discussion of his merits/track record.

The reason people are not happy with EN was because his track record, as AD, isn’t that good.

We can do better and should do better.

Radakovich would be the dream hire but I know the admin won’t even attempt it and the fans will justify it by saying we don’t have the resources and “Why would he leave Clemson?”

You never know until you try.

Advertisement
I wish I could play. Love music, hate music theory. It is Trey Anastasio from Phish’s Languedoc. The luthier who made it was their original sound guy and now just makes guitars, including all of his that he plays. They are gorgeous. Here is a rundown of the different ones he has played over the years:
phish-fishman-donut-blotter-art-scan-web-lo_1024x1024.jpg

Radakovich would be the dream hire but I know the admin won’t even attempt it and the fans will justify it by saying we don’t have the resources and “Why would he leave Clemson?”

You never know until you try.

It is a dream hire, an alum, and successful AD, I’m hoping the administration at least made contact to gauge any sort of interest, it makes too much sense to at least give it a shot. Worst case, he says no.

The reason why people freak out is because there’s a long history of failure here...

Which breeds skepticism & doubt amongst the fans.

Miami doesn’t have the benefit of the doubt anymore because they lost it a long time ago.

And yes Radakovich is a great candidate, but in general terms, Canes fans were right to be upset at the idea of someone like Nunez becoming the AD here.

I don’t know if “freak” is the proper word, as by OP, I think you nailed it.

I have been saying this for many years. Our track record is utter chit and it has been for going on ~20 years.

EN was an uninspiring and unqualified name. Just like Blake James, except Blake is illiterate.

There is no reason to get “wet” over his name being thrown around, regardless of whether it was a serious consideration or not.

EN sounds pretty on par for a name I’d expect given our track record.

Advertisement
It is a dream hire, an alum, and successful AD, I’m hoping the administration at least made contact to gauge any sort of interest, it makes too much sense to at least give it a shot. Worst case, he says no.
There’s been a lot of BS posted the past 2 weeks or so, but believe I read there was at least discussion of him early in the process.

Advertisement
There’s been a lot of BS posted the past 2 weeks or so, but believe I read there was at least discussion of him early in the process.

That is what this site is about. Discussing a name or suggestion like EN. If his name is being “suggested” for our AD, shouldn’t we discuss it on here?

It is beautiful up there, nice to visit, but you run out of **** to do very quickly. Especially winter time.
He lives on Lake Hartwell. It’s really remote out there but that may be all he needs. Honestly, I think he might retire sooner rather than later.

He lives on Lake Hartwell. It’s really remote out there but that may be all he needs. Honestly, I think he might retire sooner rather than later.
I have actually been there a few times. Beautiful, but middle of nowhere!

Advertisement
Back