Quay Bain decommits from FSU!

lol at noleinUtah. Come on, bruh. If Bain was solid to FSU and never showed interest in UM, you would be his biggest fan. Dont let your sour grapes cloud your judgement. Bain sounds like a kid with an edge and a definite high risk high reward kid but bottom line you would take him in a heartbeat if he was solid garnet and gold.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once he commits, I hope someone teaches him to play DT.

We are bringing in 3-4 DT's, not a bad choice to bring in a project with a high ceiling.

4 is defintely not going to happen....and 3 might be a stretch with the limited scholies right now, and even harder if we get hit with scholie reduction. We took 3 kids last year in Ivery, Moore and Briscoe. We only lose Darius Smith this year unless someone transfers or Porter has a monster year and goes Pro. Going into 2013, we will have

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

If you add Bryant, that's 9. One more like Bostwick or Bain and you're at 10. 10!!! For 2 spots. We barely have 10 Olineman right now for 5 spots (to be exact, we have 13 Olinmen). I can't see us brining in more than 2 DTs this year unless we strike out horribly on the OL and think about moving someone.

I'm not going to get into a big flame war on your board, but if you read the kid's comments about why he was looking around, would you be disappointed to lose him?

Besides, the last thing we are hurting for is DTs. Give me a kid who wants to bust his *** and earn playing time in a rotation full of top-level players, even if it means red-shirting his first year.

We are bringing in 3-4 DT's, not a bad choice to bring in a project with a high ceiling.

4 is defintely not going to happen....and 3 might be a stretch with the limited scholies right now, and even harder if we get hit with scholie reduction. We took 3 kids last year in Ivery, Moore and Briscoe. We only lose Darius Smith this year unless someone transfers or Porter has a monster year and goes Pro. Going into 2013, we will have

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

If you add Bryant, that's 9. One more like Bostwick or Bain and you're at 10. 10!!! For 2 spots. We barely have 10 Olineman right now for 5 spots (to be exact, we have 13 Olinmen). I can't see us brining in more than 2 DTs this year unless we strike out horribly on the OL and think about moving someone.

I think you'll see some movement and attrition in that group, and I expect maybe 2-3 this year.

Advertisement

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

I think you'll see some movement and attrition in that group, and I expect maybe 2-3 this year.

Go on...

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

Go on...

I'd say those 2 are the easy candidates.

I'm not going to get into a big flame war on your board, but if you read the kid's comments about why he was looking around, would you be disappointed to lose him?

Besides, the last thing we are hurting for is DTs. Give me a kid who wants to bust his *** and earn playing time in a rotation full of top-level players, even if it means red-shirting his first year.

Yeah.

We say the SAME, EXACT words here all the time.

'Course, you've had the top recruiting classes the last several years and really haven't done anything with them, and we don't multiple rotations of top-level players.

But as you can see, we're getting there fast.

You can have all the 5 star talent you want, I just want Golden to lock down South Florida. I could care less about a kid who is a five star in DC, or NC or wherever else your haul came from last season. Those kids would be 3 * in south Florida.

Advertisement
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...us-bain-decommits-florida-state-miami-recruit

Jul 18, 2012 - Maquedius Bain, a top defensive tackle recruit, announced Wednesday that he is no longer committed to Florida State. The move was not a surprise.

Bain had recently named a top five schools that did not include the Seminoles, yet maintained that he was still committed to FSU. So much for that.

The report comes from Amy Campbell of Scout, who tweeted:

2013 DE Maquedius Bain says he's no longer committed to ‪#FSU‬

Bain has said he's been looking around for awhile, also likes ‪#canes‬ ‪#lsu‬ ‪#bama‬ ‪#USC‬ ‪#gators‬ all in the mix. Officially decommits from ‪#fsu‬

This news comes on the heels of Bain's coach, former Miami Hurricane Chad Wilson, telling SB Nation Tuesday night that Bain would not be attending the Jimbo Fisher Camp with the rest of his Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) University School teammates.

Bain is a three or four-star recruit on most of the major services. He has a wealth of physical talent, but is very raw. And that is at odds with his wish to play or even start as a freshman at his school of choice. The option to do so certainly was not available in Tallahassee.

According to astronomy,
when you wish upon a star,
you're actually a few million years late.
That star is dead,
just like you're dreams.

made me laugh lol, clever

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

1 or more could end up at OL,infact some scouts feel Bostwik might have more upside at OG than DT.

Talented big men are hard to find. Let's bring in all three and be thankful for it.

We have bodies but need impact players. And besides, quality depth on the defensive line used to separate Miami.

Advertisement

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

Go on...

I'd say those 2 are the easy candidates.

I've actually heard some good things about Corey King.

You can have all the 5 star talent you want, I just want Golden to lock down South Florida. I could care less about a kid who is a five star in DC, or NC or wherever else your haul came from last season. Those kids would be 3 * in south Florida.

He didn't say 5 star talent he said top-level players. Their DT position is loaded with so much top-level type talent that Porter and Smith probably wouldn't crack their 3 deep. He was ust making his clause that he'd rather a kid that's going to work to start instead of being penciled in to start because of lack of talent at that position.

Great teams are built along the D-line and O-line. If we want to run a hybrid, Bryant, Bostwick, and Bain will all be good fits for the system. Take all three because they're studs, and figure out the numbers later.

Advertisement
Back