QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Pretty sure as long as he doesn't hire NFL Agent, he can still withdraw before Feb. 1 and not play in his All-Star game

Jan. 24th is more realistic day as this is last day to enroll for Spring Semester
I think it will be telling for him if he isn’t invited to any all star games.

Advertisement
He was invited to the East-West Shrine game.
Which was the sole reason he declared when he did - to get an invite to an all-star game because he needs the showcase for his draft stock.

Early declarations are totally different this year than any other year because it's the first time they can play in these showcase games without being a senior.

His advisor told him to at least do that if he's seriously considering declaring for the draft so he doesn't get left out of those games. Cam wants NFL but I'm pretty sure everyone else around him is saying return to college.

Which was the sole reason he declared when he did - to get an invite to an all-star game because he needs the showcase for his draft stock.

Early declarations are totally different this year than any other year because it's the first time they can play in these showcase games without being a senior.

His advisor told him to at least do that if he's seriously considering declaring for the draft so he doesn't get left out of those games. Cam wants NFL but I'm pretty sure everyone else around him is saying return to college.
If he were to play in one of the all star games, wouldn’t that not allow him to be available for spring ball?

Advertisement
If he were to play in one of the all star games, wouldn’t that not allow him to be available for spring ball?
He's not bound to the game. I said we would know within a week like 4 weeks ago so I could be left at the altar again... but I'd assume you'll know for sure by 1/15. Hopefully before that. I don't think he removes his name from the draft after that point but he can.

He'll either stick with his decision to declare and play in that game or he will pull his name out before 1/15, not play in that game, and enroll for spring semester.

Advertisement
So I haven’t been reading since Ward burned us. Is Mario’s new genius idea to hope a guy who just announced he’s entering the NFL will instead do a complete 180 and come commit to Miami? Christ
bingo-cousin-eddie.gif

He's not bound to the game. I said we would know within a week like 4 weeks ago so I could be left at the altar again... but I'd assume you'll know for sure by 1/15. Hopefully before that. I don't think he removes his name from the draft after that point but he can.

He'll either stick with his decision to declare and play in that game or he will pull his name out before 1/15, not play in that game, and enroll for spring semester.
Basically everyone will need to try and talk him out of going to the NFL before 1/15, otherwise he will be forced to live with this decision and possibly forego serious and guarantee NIL offer.

farts GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
We should know one way or another soon. The key date is the last day you can register for spring so they can participate in spring practice.
As good as Ward might be, he’s not good enough to enroll in summer and pick up everything. Spring is vital.

We are thisclose (if not already) at the point of diminishing returns when it comes to Cam.

Lots of evidence in this new CFB era points to returning to college as the logical best choice for these older QB's.

You make much more money your last year than if you go the NFL route to be a later round pick.

Also you tend to greatly improve your draft stock. Look at players like Henson Hooker, Bo Nix, Penix.

Advertisement
Back