QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Advertisement
Only two reasons for this to be leaked imo.

1. We’re serious contenders for him like Cribby and others have alluded to.

2. This is us ratcheting up the pressure on both him and Howard, we’re not waiting around and if you want in, better come visit asap.

Let’s close on one of them this weekend and turn our focus to some elite skill players / defensive guys

Advertisement
Only two reasons for this to be leaked imo.

1. We’re serious contenders for him like Cribby and others have alluded to.

2. This is us ratcheting up the pressure on both him and Howard, we’re not waiting around and if you want in, better come visit asap.

Let’s close on one of them this weekend and turn our focus to some elite skill players / defensive guys
Agreed.

We need to control the narrative here and not let others tell the story. Need Ward, Howard and others to see that we have options.

Well played, if true.

Advertisement
One thing I don’t like about HS recruiting today is that most official visits take place in the summer, thus negating our weather advantage during late fall and winter.

Having a Portal Recruiting season take place in a short window during December/January allows us to flex that South Florida Chamber of Commerce weather on kids who have been dealing with crap weather for a few weeks.

It’s mostly a business trip for portal entries, but with a little fun and great weather mixed in.

I understand everyone getting an extra year but please, someone find me a player that did not RS at their school that played in 6 seasons!!

Basically, Box Nix and Jayden Daniels could play another year??!!

Someone is big time wrong on all this and if it is me, I will own up.

The Extension of Eligibility blanket waiver allowed anyone eligible in 2020 to have 6 years to play 5 seasons of ball instead of the normal 5 years to play 4

Nix and Daniels played 5 seasons in just 5 seasons.

Taulia Redshirted in 2020 and didn't use a Season of Competition that year. He has a 6th year to play his 5th Season of Competition

https://umterps.com/sports/football/roster/taulia-tagovailoa/11051

As a Redshirt Sophomore (2021):

As a Sophomore (2020):
Started in all four games he played in

It's the same reason Xavier Watts has 2 years of eligibility left after redshirting in 2020 as a freshman

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back