QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Feels like if Taulia doesn’t get the waiver we may be in a bad spot. I imagine they have some sort of contingency plan. NCAA doesn’t usually do things to help out the Canes
Pratt is an option too and there's obviously more guys that haven't hit the portal yet that will. It won't be popular but I like Jordan McCloud more than many here and feel like he's the hard pivot if we don't land one of Howard/Taulia/Pratt. Of course Ward is coveted but just don't see him landing at Miami.

Advertisement
I will never feel bad for Ohio St but McCord isnt the reason they lost to Michigan

Kid must have really been getting treated badly up there

As we have said, all teams have some bad fans, but Ohios are up there
Absurdly spoiled and angry fanbase that has no sunshine for about 6 months of the year and drown their sorrows in alcohol

McCord never had a chance following the last few QBs. I think he will end up being a really good college QB personally

Advertisement
Truthfully a smart choice for him if that is indeed true.

Hate to speak the truth, but TVD not developing into a better QB is a bad look for Miami. It is reasonable for a good QB to want to play for a good program, which actually is known to develop QB's and make them look good at the same time.

Howard or Tag it seems for Miami and that is fine. IDK how anybody can be disappointed after reviewing Tag's stats this season within a better conference in the Big 10. Maybe a second QB will commit for the long term. That would be nice as well. The issue we may have is knowing or not knowing officially if Tag is committed to playing here or not, including the argument here as to if he can or not due to eligibility. Meanwhile our staff waits around, maybe not knowing if he can or not. I know Original has said this has already been vetted, but he has not hit the portal nor completely committed publicly to Miami.

Riley may have his claws in Howard and I am not sure I can blame him either because he has NFL level QB's as well.

2023 Stats at Maryland​

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4567097/taulia-tagovailoa
CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

Hate to speak the truth, but TVD not developing into a better QB is a bad look for Miami. It is reasonable for a good QB to want to play for a good program, which actually is known to develop QB's and make them look good at the same time.

Howard or Tag it seems for Miami and that is fine. IDK how anybody can be disappointed after reviewing Tag's stats this season within a better conference in the Big 10. Maybe a second QB will commit for the long term. That would be nice as well. The issue we may have is knowing or not knowing officially if Tag is committed to playing here or not, including the argument here as to if he can or not due to eligibility. Meanwhile our staff waits around, maybe not knowing if he can or not. I know Original has said this has already been vetted, but he has not hit the portal nor completely committed publicly to Miami.

Riley may have his claws in Howard and I am not sure I can blame him either because he has NFL level QB's as well.

2023 Stats at Maryland​

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4567097/taulia-tagovailoa
The TVD stuff can be spun in a number of ways. We had a top-40 passing offense despite the erratic QB play so that may actually prove to be a strong selling point. Also, I'm not sure how USC navigates this as they have a blue chip QB waiting in the wings (Malachi Nelson) and who knows how he reacts if they bring in a portal QB.

If we are waiting on a waiver from the NCAA to HELP UM we are absolute morons. We need a better QB plan than maybe we beat out Lincoln Riley who has 3 Heisman winners under his belt or we wait for the NCAA to help.

The Extension of Eligibility waiver is a self-applied waiver, no decision is needed from the NCAA for Taulia's type of situation

Advertisement
My best guess on where transfers wind up:

Gabriel - Oregon
Rogers - Washington
Leonard - Notre Dame
Ward - Ohio State
Will Howard - Miami or USC
DJU - FSU
TVD - South Carolina (great golf there I might add)
KJ Jefferson - Auburn
Aidan Chiles - Michigan St.
Dante Moore - Michigan
McCord - Rutgers or Pitt
McCall - NC State
Vandagriff - Kentucky
McCloud - Indiana
Tyler Shough - Louisville
Blake Shapen - LSU

We pivot to Taulia if we don't land Howard.

Good guesses!!

My best guess on where transfers wind up:

Gabriel - Oregon
Rogers - Washington
Leonard - Notre Dame
Ward - Ohio State
Will Howard - Miami or USC
DJU - FSU
TVD - South Carolina (great golf there I might add)
KJ Jefferson - Auburn
Aidan Chiles - Michigan St.
Dante Moore - Michigan
McCord - Rutgers or Pitt
McCall - NC State
Vandagriff - Kentucky
McCloud - Indiana
Tyler Shough - Louisville
Blake Shapen - LSU

We pivot to Taulia if we don't land Howard.
Will gladly take Howard

Pun intended

Advertisement
The TVD stuff can be spun in a number of ways. We had a top-40 passing offense despite the erratic QB play so that may actually prove to be a strong selling point. Also, I'm not sure how USC navigates this as they have a blue chip QB waiting in the wings (Malachi Nelson) and who knows how he reacts if they bring in a portal QB.
Depending on one’s perspective, any situation can be viewed in either a negative or positive spin.

2023 Stats at Maryland​

1. he has no eligibility left
2. even if he did get a magical waiver, he hasn't entered the portal
3. what. is. the. point.

Advertisement
1. he has no eligibility left
2. even if he did get a magical waiver, he hasn't entered the portal
3. what. is. the. point.
The point is if he has a predetermined decision to be close to his family he doesn't have to do it yet until he knows if he has the waiver or not. That would be as idiotic as Mario waiting and waiting and waiting to find out, while other QBs commit elsewhere. Original has combated this issue with his waiver. Who the **** am I or even you to argue with it? Tag did barely play some of those years and could very well end up eligible. Until Original says he was wrong or it is announced publicly that it definitely won't happen.

Do you really trust Maryland guys who are probably ****ed and want to create a facade because he doesn't want to stay there? Have you learned nothing from programs doing things like this because they want to hurt a recruit looking to go elsewhere? How about the Xzavien McLeod for instance.......they come out and spread BS rumors and try to force him to play when he wanted to RS. Think about that. Do you think that maybe it is just BS Maryland is spreading. It could mean he is entering the draft for all I know. You are talking literally about what you are unsure of. Didn't our TE Cam just get his 8th year of eligibility or something like that LOL?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back