QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

That’s Cool! (Sarcasm).

Nice stats at that level. Right away I think “another Judd Anderson type of QB” but I haven’t seen his film. He’s a sophomore so multiple years of eligibility.
This dude is a stud. I’m from the Albany area and if this kid was on a better team, they would have won the FCS national championship.

People see a program like UAlbany and they immediately believe the kid can’t play on this level. Film doesn’t lie. He’s a beast. I’m NOT saying I would prefer him over Ward, but don’t judge him solely on where he plays.

Oh and this comment isn’t directed at you @PIPO….just the board in general.

Advertisement
I’m really beginning to hate my school if true (edit - I’m not really doubting it but fog of war is fog of war)

God help this guy if he actually comes to Miami and throws an interception in the first quarter of Florida. Even if he hasn’t actually played games the perception is already so bad.
View attachment 276959
Just get the kid from liberty. He's a good player.

This dude is a stud. I’m from the Albany area and if this kid was on a better team, they would have won the FCS national championship.

People see a program like UAlbany and they immediately believe the kid can’t play on this level. Film doesn’t lie. He’s a beast. I’m NOT saying I would prefer him over Ward, but don’t judge him solely on where he plays.

Oh and this comment isn’t directed at you @PIPO….just the board in general.

Kid is an animal. Watch his tape.

That Albany kid is fun to watch. He is a gamer for sure but he has a pop gun for an arm and a long windup to try and generate power. Just dont see it
TVD had a long windup, too. That wasn’t his problem; it was his decision making.

Also, the dude can run. He’s mobile enough to make defenses respect him on the ground.

Advertisement

Kid is an animal. Watch his tape.

Highlights were super impressive. Would need to see full games. He had a lot of interceptions (13). And despite the running highlights which looked good, he averaged only 1.7 ypc, which suggests he got stuffed a lot. ... Actually if I'm reading the stats correctly, Albany says they allowed 50 sacks for 354 yards lost. That's got to be one of the worst stat lines in FCS, no?

Net/net, deserves a look. But unless his OL is significantly worse than our 2020-2022, Poffenbarger holds onto the ball too long and puts it in danger too often.

Advertisement
Wow the university of miami hurricanes football program has to look at a qb from albany. Thats just totally unacceptable in 2024. No way to spin it.
Do 5 minutes of research before making a statement like this. Jared Verse transferred from Albany to FSU and is leaving as a first round pick. Kid has thrown for 6500+ yards the past two years and 60 TD's. His team just won 11 games.

Advertisement
Highlights were super impressive. Would need to see full games. He had a lot of interceptions (13). And despite the running highlights which looked good, he averaged only 1.7 ypc, which suggests he got stuffed a lot. ... Actually if I'm reading the stats correctly, Albany says they allowed 50 sacks for 354 yards lost. That's got to be one of the worst stat lines in FCS, no?

Net/net, deserves a look. But unless his OL is significantly worse than our 2020-2022, Poffenbarger holds onto the ball too long and puts it in danger too often.
His supporting cast was terrible, and yet, he almost lead his team to an FCS championship. UAlbany has never had a better season in their program’s history. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Give him our OL and guys like XR7 and our offense looks dynamic.

Advertisement
Do 5 minutes of research before making a statement like this. Jared Verse transferred from Albany to FSU and is leaving as a first round pick. Kid has thrown for 6500+ yards the past two years and 60 TD's. His team just won 11 games.
We have 0 players right now trending to miami thats crazy. Other teams are picking up good players in the portal mario probably out recruiting 2025 and 2026 players not worried about the portal.we should still be able to attract a higher caliber qb. It doesnt help having dawson either

Advertisement
Back