Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Interesting thread on Ducks board about QB recruiting. FWIW, one of their posters is saying that that Miami is in the lead right now, not Oregon. Supposedly our "donors" are ready to pony up to secure Rashada. He already has an NIL deal in HS.
1647912940679.png

Advertisement
Rashada will get high six low seven multi year deal from what I heard. Yes I was wrong about Shemar. Didn’t realize the deal Moe was getting. Think JR will end up a Cane as long as Bama closes an elite 23 qb in the next few weeks

Rashada will get high six low seven multi year deal from what I heard. Yes I was wrong about Shemar. Didn’t realize the deal Moe was getting. Think JR will end up a Cane as long as Bama closes an elite 23 qb in the next few weeks
Any word on Moore? Don’t like that we are waiting on Bama, I get it but don’t like it. Also who tf are the leaders for Manning?

Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not just us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.

I think there are 6 uncommitted, elite quarterbacks in this class - Manning, Moore, Rashada, Vizzina, Holstein, and Lonergan.
Aside from Oklahoma, the programs with the best recent track records in recruiting have no QB commits for 2022 - Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St., Texas, Clemson, Texas A&M, LSU, Notre Dame. Add UM to the mix, along with Michigan, Penn State, and UF, and that means half of these teams strike out on elite HS QB's in this cycle. I know that the portal is another factor, but I still think this is a pretty high-stakes game of musical chairs.
I hope and expect that Cristobal, Gattis, and Ponce will deliver here; and if they do, it will be a pretty big accomplishment, given which programs will be left on the outside looking in here.
I agree and this is the type of high stakes game that we need to start winning at if we want to truly climb to the top of the mountain. Stack both OL and DL then reel in as many athletes and speed as possible and top it off with an elite QB every other cycle.

Advertisement
Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.
I 100% agree with you ... but the market sets itself

Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.
You are 100% right, Malik Henry would have gotten a 7 figure deal if NIL had been around. Some schools are gonna get burned bad unless that NIL is set up right

You are 100% right, Malik Henry would have gotten a 7 figure deal if NIL had been around. Some schools are gonna get burned bad unless that NIL is set up right

Yeah, and that's just 1 of literally hundreds of examples. That kid absolutely sucked, he had a million dollar arm and a $0.10 head. Did any of you guys watch him on Last Chance U? He was the definition of a ****up, imagine giving that ****wad a million god**** dollars? For what? Cause he was tall with a strong arm against 15 year olds? This is really getting beyond crazy.

Yeah, and that's just 1 of literally hundreds of examples. That kid absolutely sucked, he had a million dollar arm and a $0.10 head. Did any of you guys watch him on Last Chance U? He was the definition of a ****up, imagine giving that ****wad a million god**** dollars? For what? Cause he was tall with a strong arm against 15 year olds? This is really getting beyond crazy.

Wild wild west, brotha’.

Advertisement

Who is that? From what I read, Rashada is Bama's #1 target now that Nico is off the board. Are they going after Manning? There aren't too many others in play.

Nothing different than professional athletes getting big contracts and becoming busts.

Advertisement
Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not just us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.
It’s a great thing for athletes & a great thing for people who place value & have a rooting interest in their program to acquire the best athletes.

It’s a terrible thing for people who don’t like the idea of teenagers making money.

But that’s why America is such a wonderful country, because you can be a 12 year old kid on YouTube doing toy reviews making millions a year, or you can be a grown man on Wall-street making millions, or a recording artist making millions, or software engineer or tech app designer making millions, or an actor, or a writer, or anything you can think of that generates revenue...

Supply & Demand is undefeated & Thank God it is.

Advertisement
Ole Miss, UGA, Texas & Bama.

It comes down to which team will guarantee him the starting job as a TF.

He really likes Texas because Sark runs a NFL offense, but with Quinn Ewers there he knows he ain’t playing right away. Ole Miss, UGA & Bama basically have kids who will declare after this season so it will be his job to lose for whichever team he picks among them, even though Bama & UGA have loaded QB rooms with 5-star QB’s already in waiting, but whichever team he picks most of those kids will hit the Portal.

Moore is pretty much in a tug-of-war with Michigan, Mich ST, PSU, Notre Dame & LSU.

TAMU & UF have both recently just offered him as well, but as of now he’s likely sticking in B1G country.
There's alot of talk about Eli Holstein on Bama board. Their 247 guy- Tim Watts- said that both Manning and Holstein have committable offers right now. They don't talk like they expect to land Manning...

It’s a great thing for athletes & a great thing for people who place value & have a rooting interest in their program to acquire the best athletes.

It’s a terrible thing for people who don’t like the idea of teenagers making money.

But that’s why America is such a wonderful country, because you can be a 12 year old kid on YouTube doing toy reviews making millions a year, or you can be a grown man on Wall-street making millions, or a recording artist making millions, or software engineer or tech app designer making millions, or an actor, or a writer, or anything you can think of that generates revenue...

Suppler & Demand is undefeated & Thank God it is.

I hear you, but I guess I'm failing to see where 15 and 16 year olds are getting paid for the potential to generate revenue with amounts like this. And there probably are examples, I just can't think of any. I agree with you, as ridiculous as it is, there are kids under 10 making millions of dollars on YouTube. But, as silly as it may seem to adults, they are generating revenue for YouTube. They are "selling" a product. People are actively clicking, viewing, generating traffic for what they're doing. But how much revenue is Rashada or countless other HS juniors generating today? We're paying 16 year olds a million dollars under the assumption that he might become a good football player and generate revenue for the school he plays for?

Just seems like such a slippery slope right now, and I'm shaking my head of thinking where this eventually leads. We paying kids playing for the 115lb optimist team a couple hundred grand in a few years? Where does this stop?

Yeah they played well in college and got drafted high.
No different than kids getting contracts for what they did in h.s.

They generated revenue in college. They sold tickets, and jerseys. They're professionals, and at least play professional football. They show up for a job everyday. If they're out of the league in a few years, so be it. They're adults.

So by your logic, kids play well in Optimist or Pop Warner ball and go to a school like St Thomas or IMG or De La Salle....you cool with people paying them when they're 12? 10?

They generated revenue in college. They sold tickets, and jerseys. They're professionals, and at least play professional football. They show up for a job everyday. If they're out of the league in a few years, so be it. They're adults.

So by your logic, kids play well in Optimist or Pop Warner ball and go to a school like St Thomas or IMG or De La Salle....you cool with people paying them when they're 12? 10?
It’s crazy but the market needs to find it’s equilibrium here. Reality is it’s people like us that have turned this into a monster. Too many people following HS ball and recruiting in cfb. There is a demand here. I do agree that schools will get burned but I also think they learn from that.

Advertisement
Back