Pundits have the U coming in flat

It wouldn't shock me to see them a little flat, hopefully we have a good home crowd tonight and they realize we win out and warn another shot at fsu.

We generally come out flat and fall behind early.

There is no conceivable reason for this club to come out flat. We haven't won anything of significance in a hundred years, and we are alive for our first ACCCG appearance ever. Ever. If we come out flat then there's something wrong with the team's culture and makeup. We still have every realistic goal within reach. We should come out breathing fire tonight, and if we don't there's something seriously wrong.

That is precisely correct, we need this game, necessity is the mother of invention--take them out early.

Advertisement
Exactly. No reason to sit in our **** about FSU. That's over. The Coastal is ours for the taking. It's the next step in the progression of this program. If there really is a culure change, we should see it tonight. We have plenty of doubters, time to circle the wagons ourselves and win this thing.

Herbie just predicted a VT win because Miami comes out FLAT.

I swear to god if this happens I'll give up on Golden

You're going to need to change your avatar then.

I think we'll win, but it's going to be an absolute dogfight.

Advertisement

If he can't get the team emotionally ready to play this game with everything still on the line then he'll never be a big winner here.

We could be mentally and emotionally firing on all cylinders and still lose if we turn it over a bunch of times. But if we are not breathing fire for this game then we'll never win big with this regime. There's too much on the line and too much left to play for to excuse a flat effort.

If he can't get the team emotionally ready to play this game with everything still on the line then he'll never be a big winner here.

We could be mentally and emotionally firing on all cylinders and still lose if we turn it over a bunch of times. But if we are not breathing fire for this game then we'll never win big with this regime. There's too much on the line and too much left to play for to excuse a flat effort.

You are cutting to the quick, and make an interesting point that hopefully does not have to be considered. Team must be ready to win, and then win.

There is absolutely no reason for this team to come out anything other than fired up and ready to kick ***. We are still highly ranked and can pretty much lock up the coastal with a win. Not to mention it's a night game vs a rival.

How's the logic work...we lose to #2 in the country and still have a shot at a BCS and ACC championship and are supposed to be so deflated we come out flat....they lost to Duke and BC and blow any shot at BCS and Coastal and are going to be playing with their hair on fire?

Advertisement
Flat makes sense. Nobody is picking on the Canes, or making claims against the roster or against the coaching staff that they wouldn't make against someone else in the same spot. It's not Miami specific. As I mentioned early in the week, teams that experience their first loss late in the season tend to deflate in the short term. It's particularly true if that team has overachieved so far. We were rated #27 before the season. More often that not, a team like that will play back toward #27. I'm not going to pretend Oregon will collapse after one loss. They were birthrighted an early ranking. Miami is a logical candidate to falter. You'll certainly fare much better in the long term grasping a basic reality like that, than by nitpicking personnel and trying to assert an edge here and an edge there.

The spread has plummeted this morning. It's down to -5 at many spots with a low of -4.5. I don't know what took so long. It made very little sense to remain at -6.5. There were even some scattered -7 remaining last night. As I mentioned after I took the +7, the combination of the power rating gap and the home field allotment to Sun Life did not justify -7. Sun Life is well known as a venue worth 1.5 to 2 points. The late money always shows on the road team if the home field edge is in the 3 point range at Sun Life. That's one of the reasons it's so laughable to pretend we don't need to get out of this building. In the old days at the Orange Bowl, our home edge would be bet up to the 3.5 to 5 range above the power rating indication. We are happily forfeiting 2 points per game at this venue.

Let me emphasize that I still root for the Canes, even if I bet against them. I mentioned that months ago here. I bet thousands of games per year and root passionately for only a few teams. When there is conflict, I have no trouble defaulting to the team I've backed since childhood on Friday night. I would be a dunce to pretend they were the right side 100% of the time.

I don't hit the greatest percentage. I do have a good instinct toward line movement. Thats part of the game. There's one ticket writer in Las Vegas who started writing down all my bets, and telling his friends to do the same. I was puzzled until I asked him about it: "You don't always win, but the number always moves in the direction you bet."

It wouldn't shock me to see them a little flat, hopefully we have a good home crowd tonight and they realize we win out and warn another shot at fsu.

We generally come out flat and fall behind early.

There is no conceivable reason for this club to come out flat. We haven't won anything of significance in a hundred years, and we are alive for our first ACCCG appearance ever. Ever. If we come out flat then there's something wrong with the team's culture and makeup. We still have every realistic goal within reach. We should come out breathing fire tonight, and if we don't there's something seriously wrong.

This. Mother****ing this this this!

Advertisement
I take this as a good sign, everyone outside of us, HATING ON US! We're almost back boys!

If everyone praised us, what fun would that be? Somebody needs to be hated, and I love that no one believes we can do it... Makes everything so much sweeter

The spread has plummeted this morning. It's down to -5 at many spots with a low of -4.5. I don't know what took so long. It made very little sense to remain at -6.5. There were even some scattered -7 remaining last night.

i dont bet at all so this may be ignorant. the line moving from 7/6.5 to 5/4.5 is considered to have plummeted?

Everyone must be new canes fans as we've never been a media darling.. We've always been disrespected and hated on

Advertisement
No matter how the game plays out, everyone will blame being "flat" as an excuse if we lose or even win close or ugly. I like how all of you are preemptively setting up your emotional crutch for another opporunity for us to learn that we are close bit still not as talented as we need to be a legit national power again.

Flat makes sense. Nobody is picking on the Canes, or making claims against the roster or against the coaching staff that they wouldn't make against someone else in the same spot. It's not Miami specific. As I mentioned early in the week, teams that experience their first loss late in the season tend to deflate in the short term. It's particularly true if that team has overachieved so far. We were rated #27 before the season. More often that not, a team like that will play back toward #27.

LULZ. Where's your empirical data for your preposterous claim?

Keep betting against the Canes, *******.

Herpes better never try to be on our side again. With his soft shoulder nut hugging ***.

Finebaum is a worthless homer.

Baylor couldn't play in the SEC because the Big 12 is bad. Yet A&M and Missouri walk right in and make themselves at home.

Sorry, the jerk is less than worthless and should stay off TV. What gives a jerk like him "expertise"?

How do some of the fuggin guys get on TV...my theory is mass circle jerks...who makes it around the circle the fastes gets the contract...Finebaum must have broken the world record for most reacharounds in one sitting.

Advertisement
Back