Love that dirty water
4 yr bowl ban.
40 schollies over 4yrs
$60 mil fine
5 yrs of probation
Vacate all wins from 1998-2011
Any player on team can transfer without a 1yr wait

Advertisement
"Penn State must also reduce 10 initial and 20 total scholarships each year for a four-year period, the release said."

10 per year or 20?

Advertisement
Actually, Emmert said "reduce the initial # of schollies to 15 from 25 for a period of 4 years."

That's a total of 40. Unless I missed it, he didn't mention a total of 20 schollies.

This actually scares me because very little of this has to do with anything "football related".

Penn State is finished for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
20 schollies taken from the cap of 85. So instead of being able to have 85 scholarship players on the team, they have 65. In addition, they can only give out 15 scholarships per year to recruits instead of 25.

65 max scholarship players per year for 4 years.
15 signees max per year

"The NCAA took unprecedented measures with the decision to penalize Penn State without the due process of a Committee on Infractions hearing, bypassing a system in which it conducts its own investigations, issues a notice of allegations and then allows the university 90 days to respond before a hearing is scheduled.Following the hearing, the Infractions Committee then usually takes a minimum of six weeks, but it can take upwards of a year to issue its findings. "

Still thing the NCAA is way overstepping its bounds here

I retract this statement. Ghost2 seems to be right on the money. They just explained it further.

I believe its 10 ship reductions each year for the next 4 years. From 25 to 15.

Last edited:
Advertisement
20 schollies taken from the cap of 85. So instead of being able to have 85 scholarship players on the team, they have 65. In addition, they can only give out 15 scholarships per year to recruits instead of 25.

65 max scholarship players per year for 4 years.
15 signees max per year

Ghost, as usual, has it right.

Were the penalties based entirely on the Sandusky scandal or did they also take into account the numerous arrests of PSU football players over the last decade, many of which never resulted in suspensions?

Advertisement
Were the penalties based entirely on the Sandusky scandal or did they also take into account the numerous arrests of PSU football players over the last decade, many of which never resulted in suspensions?

It reads as if the Sandusky scandal was the only thing that influenced this.

Advertisement
Back