Predict the opening day depth chart

Oh VT how far you have fallen, from one of the nations most sought after defensive backs to this.

Advertisement
The stage is set for Duke to show up and own it. Add a 1500 yard runner to the mix and mind sets would change about the team's prospects on offense. I agree the Defense will be an 8 win type D. It's all up to Stephen Morris and Duke Johnson on whether the offense raises or lowers that number.

The stage is set for Duke to show up and own it. Add a 1500 yard runner to the mix and mind sets would change about the team's prospects on offense. I agree the Defense will be an 8 win type D. It's all up to Stephen Morris and Duke Johnson on whether the offense raises or lowers that number.

I don't think Duke is gonna have that type of endurance as a freshman. If he can get about 10 touches per game (including punts/kickoffs), I think he'll be the most effective in that role. James/Clements are definitely capable of moving the chains and wearing on the D.

Unless Morris is hurt there is zero chance Williams starts. It's extremely clear that Morris is our QB.

Este. Unless Williams is far and away better, you give the keys to Morris and see what he can do. I like Williams, but he won't be starting.

I don't think Duke is gonna have that type of endurance as a freshman. If he can get about 10 touches per game (including punts/kickoffs), I think he'll be the most effective in that role. James/Clements are definitely capable of moving the chains and wearing on the D.

I agree about Duke. he isnt likely gonna step in and take 20 touches a game right off the bat. right around 10 a game to start sounds about right

Advertisement
I think Duke comes in and from day one owns the place. He is a very special talent.

I think Duke comes in and from day one owns the place. He is a very special talent.

is he gonna know all the pass pro and be able to block from day one? I doubt it. he will have to be worked in sparingly to start off. how well he handles it will determine how much work he gets

It is going to be a long year.

anytime you are expecting FR to come in the summer and take on significant roles at multiple spots, its a safe bet that it will be a long year. probably 6-7 wins. there is not very much proven production

It is going to be a long year.

anytime you are expecting FR to come in the summer and take on significant roles at multiple spots, its a safe bet that it will be a long year. probably 6-7 wins. there is not very much proven production

+1
All the guys are talented but there will be a learning curve on the college level... Some players have to developed on the mental aspect of the game and others have to developed physically... I dont expect Duke to come in and give us 1300 yards... He's talented but not that talented as of yet... I like him but if he couldnt take over an all-star(he made plays and I expect him to do the same here) he wont take over a team his first year in college... He even was hurt in the all-star game... I expect to see him in a similar role as Deanthony Thomas... I expect Duke to get 15-20 touches a game from as a kr,pr, rb, and slot wideout on 3rd downs... He wont come in and just jump Clements or James... Both players are talented and before Duke came out, Clements was the most dynamic back in Dade...

Advertisement
QB Morris Williams Dewey Crow
RB James Clements Johnson Crawford Hagens (starter at FB)
WR1 Dorsett Thompkins Crawford (not using slots or anything else like that just the 3 wr's who will be on the field the most)
WR2 Scott Crawford Lockhart
WR3 Hurns Lewis Waters
TE Cleveland Walford Perry Dye
LT Bunche Flowers
LG Feliciano Wells Johnson
C McDermott Wheeler
RG Linder Jones
RT Henderson Gadbois Johnson

No chance in **** Williams starts over Morris. Morris will be fine. He has a bigger arm than jacory and has a lower brainfart rate.

This is going to be a running team next year. We will pound the ball with James/OT and Duke will make plays as well. Our offensive line will be good to great and we will manage to put up points.

The defense is whats scary. Its still a patchwork unit at this point, but I was pleasantly surprised by the guys who looked like they were ready to contribute in the spring, like Cornelius, Gionni Paul, Eddie Johnson, Gunter, even brandon Mgee looked to be competent. Chick and Perryman are going to be monsters. All-ACC this year and All-American next year. The rest of the D line is still real shaky and I will believe in our secondary when I see it. I do think the defense as a whole will be better than last year in the sense that we will not consistently give up every 3rd and long again but we will still give up a decent amount of points. As for the originally posted depth chart, I think Grimble will stay inside, Rico Williams will get reps at end, and Kirby will end up on the field somewhere. Him and Perryman are too good to be playing the same position.

This is a 6-8 win team depending on the breaks we get. Significantly less talent at the skill positions offensively but without as many gaping holes on defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back