Predict the opening day depth chart

NorthFlaCane

Senior
QB: Morris - Williams - Dewey - Crow (RS) - Thompson (RS)
RB: James - Clemenets - Johnson - Crawford - Hughes - Dillard (RS)
FB: Hagens

WR: Dorsett - Lewis - Thompkins - Waters - Johnson
TE: Cleveland - Walford - Perry - White
RT: Henderson - Johnson - Gabois
RG: Linder - Jones - Isadora (RS)
C: McDermott - Wheeler
LG: Feliciano - Lewis - Wells
LT: Bunche - Flowers
WR: Scott - Hurns - Lockhart - Carter (RS) - Jones (RS)

DE: Chickillo - Grimble - Hamilton - O'Donnell (RS)
DT: Porter - Pierre - King - Alexis
DT: Smith - Robinson - Moore (RS)
DE: Green - Cain - McCord - Hoilett (RS)

WLB: Paul - Buchanon - Cornelius - Witt (RS)
MLB: Perryman - Kirby - Blue
SLB: Gaines - Johnson - Armbrister - Terry (RS)

CB: Gunter - McGee - Bush - Dortch (RS) - Crawford (RS) -
FS: Armstrong - Highsmith - Swasey
SS: Rodgers - Telemaque
CB: Finnie - Howard - Hope - Davis

K: Wieclaw - Goudis
P: Botts

This is assuming AJL, Briscoe, and Ivery don't make it into school.

Advertisement
Any inclination to move Gunter to safety once the rest of the corners get in?

Any inclination to move Gunter to safety once the rest of the corners get in?

Our safeties seem to be stabilizing a little bit, while we have to hope a bunch of freshman work out at corner. So I bet Gunter stays at corner, at least for this season. Maybe next spring he'll move to safety.

He's got 3 years to play 3 at Miami, so they can afford to play him at corner this year.

i agree with all but three things. lockhart ahead of lewis, buchanon ahead of paul, and mcgee ahead of finnie (from the looks of the spring game it looks as tho it has finally turned on)

I got the same except a few changes

LG - Johnson in 2nd team
WLB - Buchanan, Kirby, Cornelius
MLB - Perryman, Paul, Blue
SLB - Gaines, Johnson, Terry

Crawford will play a lot in the slot

Advertisement
i'll do mine..just the two deep tho. and i'm not doing exactly how it will be listed, but more about how it would play out if the first guy got hurt during the game or just needed to hit the bench.

QB - Morris, Williams
RB - James, Clements
FB - Hagans, Holton
WR - Hurns, Scott
WR - Dorsett, Lockhart
slot - Crawford, Thompkins
TE - Cleveland, Walford
LT - Henderson, Bunche
LG - Feliciano, Lewis
C - McDermott, Linder
RG - Linder, Lewis
RT - Johnson, Bunche

DE - Cain, Green
DT - Porter, Robinson
DT - Smith, Pierre
DE - Chick, Green
OLB - Gaines, Paul
MLB - Perryman, Kirby
OLB - Johnson, Cornelius (yeah I think both are better than Buchanon)
CB - McGhee, Gunter
CB - Finnie, Howard
S - Armstrong, Highsmith
S - Rodgers, Telemaque

I think Cornelius will grab one of the starting LB spots, I also think one of the newcomers has a real good shot to take the WR spot opposite Dorsett.

Advertisement
I don't know why Dorsett would ever be outside. He's a slot reciever, Scott is your big guy and Hurns is the only returning starter. I think it's Scott and Hurns outside Dorsett in the slot.

QB: Morris - Williams - Dewey/Crow (1 will RS) - Thompson (RS) but possibility both Dewey and Crow play as true FR especilly if Olsen is a sure lock for 2013
RB: James - Clemenets - Johnson - Hughes - Dillard (I dont think you RS any RB I think Dillard is a big back and can possible move to FB 1 day)
FB: Holton - Hagens

WR: Hurns - Lewis - Thompkins - Johnson (don't know about Johnson, doesn't seem solid at WR to me can move back to DB. He is just helping at WR due to lack of depth in spring.)
TE: Cleveland - Walford - Perry - White
RT: Henderson - J. Johnson - Gadbois
RG: Linder - Jones - Isadora (RS)
C: McDermott - Wheeler
LG: Feliciano - Lewis - Wells
LT: Bunche - Flowers
WR: Scott - Lockhart - Carter - Waters - Jones (RS) only 1 WR gets RS and thats Jones
Slot: Dorsett - Crawford

DE: Chickillo - Williams - McCord - Hamilton (RS) - O'Donnell (RS) Think you forgot about Ricardo Williams
DT: Porter - Pierre - Alexis - King
DT: Smith - Robinson - Grimble - Moore (RS) I think grimble ends up inside
DE: Green - Cain - Hoilett (I don't think Hoilett RS he needs the experience)

WLB: Buchanon - Paul - Cornelius - Witt (RS)
MLB: Perryman - Kirby - Blue (possiblity Blue RS to gain more size but can play either way)
SLB: Gaines - Johnson - Armbrister - Terry (RS) ALL LB's WILL GET PLAYING TIME

CB: Gunter - Howard - Jenkins (RS) Dortch (RS)
FS: Armstrong - Highsmith - Swasey
SS: Telemaque - Rodgers - Crawford (possiblilty Gunter or Bush comes up but if Gunter comes up Howard can take the next CB spot)
CB: McGee - Bush - Hope
Nickle: Finnie - Davis

K: Wieclaw - Goudis
P: Botts

This is assuming AJL, Briscoe, and Ivery don't make it into school.
Would be nice they make it in though.

This is my prediction.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Two things:

1. On defensive ends, notice that the lighter guys are organized on one side (rush end) and the heavier guys are on the other side. I forgot about Ricardo Williams, but he should be in the same bucket as Green, Cain, McCord, and Hoilett. When you have this many undersized hybrid defensive ends, you can afford to redshirt Hoilett (who needs time in the weight room).

2. On wide receivers, again, notice that the bigger wide receivers are grouped together and the smaller wide receivers are grouped together. That's the way the coaches do it and usually the smaller guys end up in the slot, when we are playing 3 wide receivers. We tend to play 2 tight, 2 wide, so there's not usually a slot playing there.

3. I don't see Dallas Crawford moving back to safety at this point.

Two things:

1. On defensive ends, notice that the lighter guys are organized on one side (rush end) and the heavier guys are on the other side. I forgot about Ricardo Williams, but he should be in the same bucket as Green, Cain, McCord, and Hoilett. When you have this many undersized hybrid defensive ends, you can afford to redshirt Hoilett (who needs time in the weight room).

2. On wide receivers, again, notice that the bigger wide receivers are grouped together and the smaller wide receivers are grouped together. That's the way the coaches do it and usually the smaller guys end up in the slot, when we are playing 3 wide receivers. We tend to play 2 tight, 2 wide, so there's not usually a slot playing there.

3. I don't see Dallas Crawford moving back to safety at this point.

I am sure we will go to the spread offense and have 3 WR on the field at once so i do believe we will use the slot. I really think Hurns and Scott will be on the feild at the same time though, and kendal thompkins may just go to slot as well.

Agreed that Hoillet will need more time in the weight room BUT there is a lot of time until the fall and he has already gained some good solid weight since his last season in high school. He can put on another 15 lbs by the fall. R. Williams will put on more weight as well and Green is bigger than Chick!

As far as Crawford I ment Rayshawn Jenkins, one of the new recruits.

Last edited:
I don't know why Dorsett would ever be outside. He's a slot reciever, Scott is your big guy and Hurns is the only returning starter. I think it's Scott and Hurns outside Dorsett in the slot.

Hurns, Scott, Lewis, Lockhart, Carter, Jones, Waters outside.

Dorsett, Thompkins, Crawford in the ****.

Advertisement
Unless Morris is hurt there is zero chance Williams starts. It's extremely clear that Morris is our QB.

Advertisement
Back