Position group that has me the most excited going into 2012

TE's is an honorable mention for me.

Its become such a deadly position and with an NFL mind like Fisch we really need TEs to become part of what we do. By all accounts Celeveland and Walford are ready.

Corey White is a guy we missed last year. If he's healthy, he has semi-decent hands (better than Dye and Perry) and very good physicality.

What is he weighing these days, D?

I mean that kid is friggin huge but it seems like the OL experiment was a bust but it doesnt change the fact that he is enormous.

Advertisement
LB's are a really talented unit and I think the secondary is actually a strength this year too.Personally,I can't wait to see the wr group though.I think Hurns will be healthy this year and in better conditioning,Dorsett will be making big plays along Scott and let's see what Thompkins will do with an attitude change.

I'm excited about the LB's as well. I liked what I saw out of Perryman last year. And I don't know if I'd call it excited as I anxious is the right word but I really want to see what our safeties do next year. The early reports from the coaches have had favorable reviews of RRA's play. If the light comes on for those RRA and VT then our D has a chance to be really good.

Advertisement
I'll be really disappointed if Gaines is a starter @BC.

OL has the potential to be pretty good.

Linder and Seantrel should make a nasty right side. Not sold on Bunche, Feliciano, or McDermott. Depth is decent but Golden really needs to start hitting some homeruns there.

I really like Morris at QB, this group of LB's could be special though. Kirby could be a beast and Perryman is already one of our best players regardless of position. I also like Witt, and some other Freshman. I just feel like we haven't had a Miami caliber unit at LB in years and this group could be physical and fast and really make a leap this year.

I cant wait to see the WR Crew just cause it is gonna be so many new faces catching passes from hopefully healthy Stephen Morris. I also like the WR"s because of coach Mcdonald one of my favorite coaches

+1 We really need to see which WR is going step up for us and be an instant impact.

I'll be really disappointed if Gaines is a starter @BC.

OL has the potential to be pretty good.

Linder and Seantrel should make a nasty right side. Not sold on Bunche, Feliciano, or McDermott. Depth is decent but Golden really needs to start hitting some homeruns there.

At this point I think Feliciano has started more games and shown more then Henderson. Henderson needs to step up big time an live up to his potential and hype

Advertisement
There is a lb many forget....kelvin cain.....I think we see buchanan..cain...and perryman as our starters come september

There is a lb many forget....kelvin cain.....I think we see buchanan..cain...and perryman as our starters come september

Buchanon is a perennial Shammin underachiever. Cain also hasnt done much and is now moved to DE. Unless Golden can somehow eke out a miracle from Buchanon that Shammin never could, we should use that valuable playing time to get some of our new recruits some real gametime experience.

Start Buchanon in the first game of the season but by midseason, ideally i would like to see him lose more and more playing time to the likes of Paul, Johnson, Kirby, etc.

Agree... Stephen Morris is our Engine.. He has to have a 3100 pass yds. 22 tds, 8 ints... I seriously expect big steps now that he will get his chance to be the man. First he has to beat out Williams.

Advertisement
TE's is an honorable mention for me.

Its become such a deadly position and with an NFL mind like Fisch we really need TEs to become part of what we do. By all accounts Celeveland and Walford are ready.

Corey White is a guy we missed last year. If he's healthy, he has semi-decent hands (better than Dye and Perry) and very good physicality.

What is he weighing these days, D?

I mean that kid is friggin huge but it seems like the OL experiment was a bust but it doesnt change the fact that he is enormous.

If I had to guess I'd say 270.

Advertisement
We know Fisch is worth his paycheck. But I'm wondering how well the defense will progress. We know Perryman and Chick are going to be great. But I'm wondering how well the secondary will do.

tight ends.....

+I dont have much faith in our wr core RIGHT NOW.....their a solid group...but we dont have much game changers...(streeter lost)...so te's will be key in passing game

+ in the run game...need them to drive guys off...Dye can get after it..Walford is adequate,,,like to see what Corey White can do..but te is key in the run game...as we saw last yr as Chase Ford imo single handidly cost us two games.

+ We actually have talent there...Walford is NICE...when he is focused....and Cleveland i a big target that is smooth with soft hands....then we have the blockers....like to see Brennan Carrol put in work and develop this group...they have numbers as we have about 5 tes

DL. Without some push (both from the ends and DTs) the rest of the D is going to get exposed. We're too young at LB and corner, so the Dline needs to be disruptive as ****.

Not sure why people are so hard on Seantrel on the field. He played **** well as a true freshman, got in great shape over the summer, hurt his back, and came back sooner than expected. He may not have been Orlando Pace out there last year but what exactly was everyone expecting coming off back surgery?

Advertisement
Back