Position group that has me the most excited going into 2012

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
I can not wait to see what our group of LB's can do next year. While D. Perryman may be better suited to WLB, he is clearly our best LB and could be a force in the middle, one we have been lacking for a very long time ( J. Vilma). I feel like J. Gaines could be a player on the outside, but would rather see Kirby shift outside instead of being stuck behind DP. Eddie Johnson and G. Paul have the size and speed you look for in a LB and both seemed to make some strides in the spring.

The kicker is what do we get from R. Buchanon after a year where he made a few plays, but again seemed to underachieve. If he makes a leap we have the chance to have the best group of LB's we have had in a long time. This doesn't even take into account some true Freshman that could make an impact early in their careers.

Almost forgot to throw T. Cornelius into the mix, kid is small but hits with the best of them. Seems like a role player off the edge and a guy who could play in coverage.

Having an improved LB play will also pay dividends on ST's where we should have a solid group of guys making plays behind the 20 yard line and punishing teams for returning kicks against us.

Advertisement
I cant wait to see the WR Crew just cause it is gonna be so many new faces catching passes from hopefully healthy Stephen Morris. I also like the WR"s because of coach Mcdonald one of my favorite coaches

Yea I really want to see the LBs.

Also want to see the CBs. I think with gunter and howard we will see a huge upgrade over last season

We actually have depth and talent this year.

Perryman, Kirby, Buchanon, Paul, Gaines, Johnson. That's a solid 2-deep.

Advertisement
We actually have depth and talent this year.

Perryman, Kirby, Buchanon, Paul, Gaines, Johnson. That's a solid 2-deep.

And they can hit, when Perryman hits someone their momentum stops and they go backwards, no more LB's getting dragged for 5 yds before they trip a guy up.

the linebacker crew is probably the most watched for me. we have lots of depth and youth at LB. the WR's will also be interestingnbecause of how young they are too.

as soon as I saw the thread title, I instantly thought LB. This group has a chance to be really special

Advertisement
I actually can't wait to see the LBs not make tackles when they see the RB with the ball. I hope they stand there because they are not allowed to tackle the rbs.

Advertisement
Great call with the LBs. I'm most excited to see what Stephen Morris can become.

Great call with the LBs. I'm most excited to see what Stephen Morris can become.

I think we will see better quarterback play. I think Fisch is going to work with Morris' strengths. But what I'm looking forward to is the new crop of quarterbacks.

Dont forget about DT... we pretty solid there! Porter, Smith, Pierre, Robinson is a SOLID 2 deep. Plus we have Ivery, Briscoe and Earl Moore coming in... Man we looking good.

Advertisement
couldnt agree more on the LB's man.

Perryman is going to be a **** stud. I am also optimistic about Gaines and Cornelius in their new roles. Gaines seems to have a good motor and can play but was not in a good spot in the middle. We will see.

Kirby though, man, he looks maybe even more ready than Perryman was last year. Those two are going to be superstars.

I am not as big on Buchanon as most but there is no doubt he has a ton of ability. It just hasnt clicked for him yet but its nice that we arent so reliant on him. Eddie Johnson and Paul look like they are almost there too so being depth should really help them.

TE's is an honorable mention for me.

Its become such a deadly position and with an NFL mind like Fisch we really need TEs to become part of what we do. By all accounts Celeveland and Walford are ready.

TE's is an honorable mention for me.

Its become such a deadly position and with an NFL mind like Fisch we really need TEs to become part of what we do. By all accounts Celeveland and Walford are ready.

Corey White is a guy we missed last year. If he's healthy, he has semi-decent hands (better than Dye and Perry) and very good physicality.

Advertisement
Back