please stop pushing black golden on us

da truth

1st team All-American
No Strong.

Chud would be a much better hire than black al.

Butch or Richt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hahaha, I agree but I've always thought that James Franklin is the black Golden. Strong is the black Randy that lucked into a QB and an unregulated Clint Hurtt.

From the Dallas Morning News

Texas lost to Iowa State, 24-0, Saturday. The loss was only the second loss to the Cyclones in the series and the first loss in Ames, Iowa.

The Longhorns struggled offensively and the defense had a slow start leading to the team's first loss since their 50-7 loss to TCU on Oct. 3.

Hear are a few reactions from Texas' shutout loss to Iowa State:

Kirk Bohls, Austin American-Statesman: "Strong is running out of games this season to show his program has turned the corner, and the stagnant offense in these mounting losses continues to be the main reason the Longhorns turn the corner and run into themselves. Three true road games this season, 10 total points."

Jake Trotter, ESPN: "All the momentum the Longhorns had built up this month after the Oklahoma upset evaporated in Ames. Texas lost its way offensively facing a scoring defense that ranked 103rd nationally coming into the weekend. The Longhorns couldn't pass and they couldn't run; as a result, their best offensive play was snapping the ball to Jerrod Heard or Tyrone Swoopes and hoping they could somehow scramble their way to a first down."

Ryan Autullo, Austin American-Statesman: "Here's what does count: 112-10. As in Texas has been outscored by more than 100 points the three times it has visited another team's stadium.Notre Dame and TCU were top-10 opponents, so lopsided scores of 38-3 and 50-7 were understandable, if not forgivable. Losing 24-0 at Iowa State was neither understandable nor forgivable."

Mike Finger, San Antonio Express-News/Houston Chronicle: "The chorus was as predictable as it was unconvincing. Everyone knew the words. Few believed them to be true. "This isn't Texas football," three different Longhorns said after an abysmal 24-0 emasculation by Iowa State at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday. But as has been the case for much of the past half-decade, none of them could prove it."

Steward Mandel, Fox Sports:

Strong has already proven to be a much better coach than Golden ... I was in Orlando for that bowl game, and Golden was completely outclassed against Charlie.

I want a HC who's coming with an uptempo spread offense ... Either as the HC, or with the OC they hire.

Advertisement
some fools on this board

Strong is a legit candidate.

Golden was a total fake who had accomplished nothing.

Strong was a bad *** DC who was part of 2 national titles and was good enough for urban to keep him around when the rest of the staff was fired.

He also may be the number 1 SFL recruiter right now.

Also half of his first recruiting class as a HC are now playing on Sundays. So he has an eye for talent.

Making a statement like this proves you are so biased that you have no ability for rational thoughts outside of your own wants.

Strong has already proven to be a much better coach than Golden ... I was in Orlando for that bowl game, and Golden was completely outclassed against Charlie.

I want a HC who's coming with an uptempo spread offense ... Either as the HC, or with the OC they hire.

How bout Chip Kelly... will that O work?

Strong got lucky and rode his QB to two good seasons and a new job.

Now without his QB, the emperor has no clothes, and Strong suks.

Plain and simple.

Oh the ultimate revenge by Golden would be if Miami hired Strong since he was legitimized as a HC when his team stomped Miami in the Bowl game. Well Golden and Mushamp both did so the Gators would also be cursing this program if Strong were to get hired.

Advertisement

How bout Chip Kelly... will that O work?

Not gonna happen, but I'd absolutely take Chip. But I don't think he's a realistic candidate.

Advertisement
I love all these potatoes going down on the Strong ship. Our fan base full of heel diggers, amazing.

Texas program was on a down turn before Strong took over that's why Mack was fired. Every other coach in the country would be going through the same situation if they were at Texas.... majority of the hate on Strong is obviosly racially motivated.

Texas program was on a down turn before Strong took over that's why Mack was fired. Every other coach in the country would be going through the same situation if they were at Texas.... majority of the hate on Strong is obviosly racially motivated.

Throwing in race, the cherry on top.

Clearly it is not losing to ISU and being 9-12.

Advertisement
Back