Pete geo dmoney?

Advertisement
First of all, those sack numbers are inflated.

Second, stats don't matter in high school. Never have. A kid can have 4 sacks and go to Alabama or a kid can have 15 and not even get an offer.

He doesn't have an offer because he's undersized. It is what it is. I think he's awesome personally. My buddy is his coach, he co-signs for him as well. However, there's not a premium on 6'2" 210lb Defensive Ends. I had a kid last season who was bigger than Chatfield (6'4" 230, although not as good) and Kool called him "too skinny".

You have a set standard of what you're looking for at DE and Kool's "bare minimum" is likely starts around 6'3" 230+. Any kid that is under that size probably ends up falling on their board. Possibly a late offer type of kid.

Think he benefits from having the #1 & #2 corners in the country.

You think the majority of Chatfield's sacks are coverage sacks?

giphy.webp

I like Chatfield but...

In Kool I trust.

I am sure they will be there to see him this spring. It's already been hashed on this board numerous times though. Kool has his guys he goes after, just might not be Kool's type considering his size. I don't think Chatfield could play LB at Miami even if we did offer though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
he really doesnt fit the mold we are now recruiting here and the thing is despite his amazing stats in highschool since he lacks the physical talent he will struggle against college level linemen imo

Second, stats don't matter in high school. Never have. A kid can have 4 sacks and go to Alabama or a kid can have 15 and not even get an offer.

He doesn't have an offer because he's undersized. It is what it is. I think he's awesome personally. My buddy is his coach, he co-signs for him as well. However, there's not a premium on 6'2" 210lb Defensive Ends. I had a kid last season who was bigger than Chatfield (6'4" 230, although not as good) and Kool called him "too skinny".

You have a set standard of what you're looking for at DE and Kool's "bare minimum" is likely starts around 6'3" 230+. Any kid that is under that size probably ends up falling on their board. Possibly a late offer type of kid.

spot on! folks need to stop thinking they can recruit off the game summary

Which is why this Rosseua kid has me confused (unless hes a SAM). He's 6'6 205 pounds and plays at Champagnat. You get me Macho?.
Chatfield the best defensive lineman in broward. If not Miami he should have some good fits for school. I like him the most because he always seem to stick out even when playing on a div 1 defense full with power 5 kids. **** Brian Burns was on the other side and it was a race to the qb.

Advertisement

Which is why this Rosseua kid has me confused (unless hes a SAM). He's 6'6 205 pounds and plays at Champagnat. You get me Macho?.
Chatfield the best defensive lineman in broward. If not Miami he should have some good fits for school. I like him the most because he always seem to stick out even when playing on a div 1 defense full with power 5 kids. **** Brian Burns was on the other side and it was a race to the qb.

I think a lot of coaches are impressed by height, especially if they think if a player has the frame to put on weight. I remember Schnelly saying they looked for height and speed, although to hear Jimmy say it during his first year coaching he thought UM was slow on defense (and those were Schnellenberger recruits).

Maybe Chatfield needs to find a good height coach. They're harder to find than speed coaches.

Advertisement
Back