Pass rush from the linebackers

Tyrone Cornelius probably could be a helluva blitzer at LB along with Perryman. We are going to need to blitz at times, but just hope not too often. I'd focus more on just being in tight coverage and forcing the QB to make difficult throws. lots of bad QBs on the schedule - make it hard on them instead of giving them easy throws to make.

Advertisement
i dont even have faith in Chick

Not sure if you're serious but if you are i'm not sure we saw the same player last season. Chick was very impressive in some games with his energy and pass rush and that was with subpar DTs. Oh and he was a true freshmen. Chick is the least of my worries he's gonna be a beast here. It would be nice to see another DE step up and take some of the pressure off of him though.

I think State has the right idea. Mix it up with a 3-4.

Depending on the opposing tempo, at times initially line up at one for show and shift to the other.

Make them prepare for two defenses.

Last year, we had a total of five sacks from linebackers. The defensive line accounted for more than three times that many, with seventeen.

Do you think we'll see the same ratio this year, or will we see more of a pass rush from the 'backers?

I'm more surprised with the amount of sacks that you claim we had last year. I swear I could count the number of sacks we had all season on one hand. Brutal to watch/endure last season coach D better bring it this year and going forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back