Pass rush from the linebackers

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Last year, we had a total of five sacks from linebackers. The defensive line accounted for more than three times that many, with seventeen.

Do you think we'll see the same ratio this year, or will we see more of a pass rush from the 'backers?

Advertisement
I don't know if we will, but we need to get more pass rush from the 'backers. The defensive line, especially on the edges, lacks a substantial pass rush threat. Coach D needs to get creative and unleash guys from the second level to attack to help generate more sack numbers, IMO.

I think we're gonna have to. I see more blitzes because as I've said more than once here, I have no faith in our DEs other than Chick.

i don't think we will. i don't see our db's as being any better than last year.

if we couldn't afford to bring in any second level pressure last year, i don't see us being able to do so this year.

i don't think we will. i don't see our db's as being any better than last year.

if we couldn't afford to bring in any second level pressure last year, i don't see us being able to do so this year.

I think this is the key. If they can cover well it opens up a whole lot as far as blitzes go. Really goes for the secondary, and backers as a unit in blitz package coverage though, not just DB's.

Advertisement
I don't know what we will see, but I know what I'd rather see.

If we can get consistent pressure and sacks from our front 4 with out sending blitzing LB's we'll be a much better defense.

The DL should be a little deeper barring injury, same with the DB's. They should be able to come up with a decent combination at CB this year. That might allow them to send the LB's more.

Advertisement
Personally I think we see the LB's being more active in rushing the passer this year as I think the DB's as a group will be improved.

Advertisement
you can have the best linebackers unit in the country, but if the front 4 can't do anything, then you are going to lose. look at the CANES of the pass, and now look at the defense of all recent national championship winners, you can how see stout their front 4 is. IT all starts there if you ask me.

I think there will be more pressure from the backers. Honestly, I have no faith in any end beside Chick. Hamilton and McCord I believe will make a few plays as situational pass rushers and maybe Rico Williams.

Advertisement
I don't know if we will, but we need to get more pass rush from the 'backers. The defensive line, especially on the edges, lacks a substantial pass rush threat. Coach D needs to get creative and unleash guys from the second level to attack to help generate more sack numbers, IMO.

Being creative is the key I think. Last year when he tried to show his hand pre snap we got burnt. Needs to do a better job of hiding what he's trying to do.

If Miami could just get there DE's to use their hands the way Kevin patrick and those guys used to then this will be all null and void.

This defense needs to be very stout against the run. Then get creative on obvious pass rushing downs.

Advertisement
Back