OT- Future hndrxx

idk why yall locked the other forum when we were talking bout rap it was just getting good with that dude legit thinking Em isn't top10.

He's made some good songs but he didn't really rap about sh*t I can relate to.

And I understand that. But that not really all that different than any average person listening to rap.
You can not particulary like all of an artists discography, and not have them on your personal top 10 list all you want because at the end of the day music is all subjective. But if you are going to make an objective and unbiased top10 is there any way you can leave Eminem off and basically brush aside everything he's done by saying it only happened because he's white? Not having Em in a top10 is just as bad as not having tupac, biggie, nas, & jayz.

Also I think Kanye always gets screwed in these arguments as well. But the fact is Kanye is probably one of the most influential people in all of hip hop history, and he is a rapper.

If there was a mount rushmore of Hip Hop, whose face would be on it? I think Dr Dre, Eminem, Biggie would definitely be on it, and I think the last spot would be between Rakim, Nas, JayZ and Kanye, but I'd lean towards Rakim.

George Washington - Rakim
Thomas Jefferson - Dr Dre
Abraham Lincoln - Eminem
Teddy Roosevelt - Biggie

Lol stop it. I ***s with Eminem a lil bit but he would not be on Mt Rushmore of rap over guys like pac, hov, ice cube, run dmc, snoop, ghostface, scareface, krs1, etc..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
idk why yall locked the other forum when we were talking bout rap it was just getting good with that dude legit thinking Em isn't top10.

And I understand that. But that not really all that different than any average person listening to rap.
You can not particulary like all of an artists discography, and not have them on your personal top 10 list all you want because at the end of the day music is all subjective. But if you are going to make an objective and unbiased top10 is there any way you can leave Eminem off and basically brush aside everything he's done by saying it only happened because he's white? Not having Em in a top10 is just as bad as not having tupac, biggie, nas, & jayz.

Also I think Kanye always gets screwed in these arguments as well. But the fact is Kanye is probably one of the most influential people in all of hip hop history, and he is a rapper.

If there was a mount rushmore of Hip Hop, whose face would be on it? I think Dr Dre, Eminem, Biggie would definitely be on it, and I think the last spot would be between Rakim, Nas, JayZ and Kanye, but I'd lean towards Rakim.

Abraham Lincoln - Eminem
Teddy Roosevelt - Biggie

Lol stop it. I ***s with Eminem a lil bit but he would not be on Mt Rushmore of rap over guys like pac, hov, ice cube, run dmc, snoop, ghostface, scareface, krs1, etc..

Agree

Advertisement
Terrible music. If I didn't have (4) 18's in my truck I wouldn't listen to his **** at all. Mumble, jumble, repetitive bullsh!t. Only reason he gets any play in my truck is cause all of his songs bang.

Trick
old JT Money
old Goodie Mob
old T.I.
old Jeezy
UGK
8ball & MJG
Field Mob
old Outkast
Tom G
Ice Berg
Billy Blue
Big KRIT
old Juvenile
old Wayne
Hot Boyz
old BG
Turk

And Jam Pony Express mixtapes.

That's where it's at.

Are you from Atlanta or something?

Advertisement
Terrible music. If I didn't have (4) 18's in my truck I wouldn't listen to his **** at all. Mumble, jumble, repetitive bullsh!t. Only reason he gets any play in my truck is cause all of his songs bang.

Trick
old JT Money
old Goodie Mob
old T.I.
old Jeezy
UGK
8ball & MJG
Field Mob
old Outkast
Tom G
Ice Berg
Billy Blue
Big KRIT
old Juvenile
old Wayne
Hot Boyz
old BG
Turk

That's where it's at.

Uh, only 4 of the artists I named are from Atlanta.

Advertisement

Abraham Lincoln - Eminem
Teddy Roosevelt - Biggie

Agree

Run Dmc, scarface, and snoop are a joke to even mention.
Can't have Cube or Snoop on the mount rushmore because they did what Dre did, but he's 100 times more successful and important as far as the history of hip hop is concerned. Jayz very reasonably could be on there, but imo it would mean taking Biggie off - not Eminem. JayZ isn't all that much different from Biggie really. Ghostface is another reasonable name as he is one of the best storyteller in hip hop, but how many classic solo albums does he have? And I also understand Krs1, but KRS1 would replace Rakim not eminem.

but i think youre completely missing the impact that Em had on hip hop. He potentially had a greater impact than any other single hop hop artist ever. he completely broke the color barrier in hip hop. He single handedly grew the audience of hip hop by millions. Every single white rapper since SSLP is compared to Eminem, and its ******* crazy when you think about it. It doesn't matter where they're from what they sound like, if they are a white rapper they are compared to Eminem. You cannot say that about any other rapper. That doesn't even happen for female rappers really You don't often hear people being compared to Lauryn Hill.

Also consider the presidents that I put the rappers up against and think about what they did. George Washington, first president. Rakim is the best of the pioneers of hip hop. Thomas jefferson wrote the declaration of independence, which is sort of like he produced it, and Dre is one of top 3 producers of all time. and TJ had the greatest deal of all time in the louisiana purchase, While dre is making a fortune of average headphones. Lincoln freed the slaves breaking barriers, that is exactly what Eminem did. Honestly I can't even think of someone that fits this role better than Em. last is teddy who after washington, jefferson, and lincoln is unanimously viewed as a top 5 president of all time (FDR being the other) by scholars so here you have free reign to put the best hip hop artist not already listed, and I chose Biggie over Jay-z and 2pac.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nice thread, thanks again for your contribution broke

bvUzJkF.gif

Trick
old JT Money
old Goodie Mob
old T.I.
old Jeezy
UGK
8ball & MJG
Field Mob
old Outkast
Tom G
Ice Berg
Billy Blue
Big KRIT
old Juvenile
old Wayne
Hot Boyz
old BG
Turk

That's where it's at.

I knew it was a reason a ***s with you macho. That's a dam good list but what you know about iceberg and Tom g?

Trick
old JT Money
old Goodie Mob
old T.I.
old Jeezy
UGK
8ball & MJG
Field Mob
old Outkast
Tom G
Ice Berg
Billy Blue
Big KRIT
old Juvenile
old Wayne
Hot Boyz
old BG
Turk

That's where it's at.

I knew it was a reason a ***s with you macho. That's a dam good list but what you know about iceberg and Tom g?

Tom G is that dude!

Advertisement
Back