Oregon St is killing it

They have signed 4 juco players and counting so will Miss St with apparently 6. Why cant we address out needs via juco?

Having to go to the juco ranks is NOT a sign of success, it's a sign of bad planning... Do NOT be enviously of these clowns.

Bill Snyder said kiss his ***.

yeah, KSU Natl Champ count is 0. I don't think that is a good model for the Canes. Might as well throw Miss St under the Jackal in there as an example of JUCO success when building a program.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Remember that one year when Tory had like 40 commits? Did that make them the best recruiting team, by this logic?

Nothing wrong with picking up a JUCO guy or two. Especially if it fills a need. If you're building your roster around transfers though, it means you can't recruit and you're desperate for talent. It's already been said but worth mentioning again: Do you want to model your program after Oregon State, Mississippi State and Kansas State?

They have signed 4 juco players and counting so will Miss St with apparently 6. Why cant we address out needs via juco?

Having to go to the juco ranks is NOT a sign of success, it's a sign of bad planning... Do NOT be enviously of these clowns.
Saban says hi

They cherry pick, not stock half their starting lineup... get real.
So Oregon State is crazy for signing 4 juco but BAMA isn't, even though they'll probably sign 3. Got it.

Advertisement

Having to go to the juco ranks is NOT a sign of success, it's a sign of bad planning... Do NOT be envious of these clowns.

Bill Snyder said kiss his ***.

What does that old *** clown have to show for it. That's right, nothin. Never will. Cherry picking a recruit or two ain't bad, but anything else, is suspect.

How many needs do we have? We basically return our entire team. We need help in the secondary, and are going after the number 1 JUCO CB in the country to fill that need. What other JUCOs should we be going after?

Saban says hi

So Oregon State is crazy for signing 4 juco but BAMA isn't, even though they'll probably sign 3. Got it.

Bama is signing depth, Oregon ST is signing starters...

Advertisement
Saban says hi

Bama is signing depth, Oregon ST is signing starters...
And? They're Oregon State. The point is there is plenty of talent in juco and there's nothing wrong with Oregon State filling out a couple of spots with guys ready to start now.

And you honestly think BAMA signing three of the top players at their respective positions aren't going to be big contributors? Simply special team players I suppose...

Having to go to the juco ranks is NOT a sign of success, it's a sign of bad planning... Do NOT be envious of these clowns.

How is it a sign of bad planning? You get talent whichever way you can. There is talent in the juco ranks.

Going to the JUCO ranks tells me a couple things. Looking for instant success instead of developing which could back fire on a coach if the culture isn't stable and doesn't buy a coach time with the fan base. Lack of confidence in you or your staff to identify talent also comes to mind if you rely on a ready made product. Granted I'm all for plugging where you need but major reliance on juco is dangerous to me.

Advertisement
LMAO I believe I'm the most qualified person on here to answer the OP. Since I got to see Gary Anderson up close and personal in his time at Wisconsin I can tell you firsthand he is a joke. He basically did the equivalent to Wisconsin's offense that Golden did with our defense, he tried to go against all tradition and away from our recruiting base by installing a spread scheme when we have big bulky OL that maul in the run game. Then he eventually left for OSU bc he got fed up w admissions not accepting his dumb kids that couldn't qualify.

DT Craig Evans was one of these guys. He's a Sun Prairie, WI native and was a consensus 4-star and dominant hs player. Saw him play in the state title game and he was a monster. Anyway, couldn't qualify at Wisconsin and was later dismissed from Michigan St for disciplinary and weed issues). Evans just committed and signed w Anderson and OSU, in his interview he stated that he likes Corvallis bc it doesn't have much of a social scene and this will allow him to focus on himself so he can go one and done. Sounds like a real winner. These are the kinds of guys he goes after...losers.

Last edited:
how are you the most qualified?

besides the fact that it isn't wise to rely heavy on jucos, UM CAN'T take many jucos b/c their classes don't transfer in to UM, you'll understand.

if a kid is graduating from juco with his AA degree in 2 years, yet, 6 or 9 credits can't transfer into UM, he can't get into UM. they can transfer into large state public schools b/c they have phys ed majors and programs that allow these classes and credits to transfer.

Advertisement
You take 1 or 2 juco's to be a gap stop for the younger guys. Very rare that elite talents are available in the Juco ranks. Most of them were highly sought after croots that started at a power 5. L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they do not go the JUCO route because of lack of talent..

Bama, LSU, Miss St, Ole Miss, UGA, Oklahoma, TAMU, Oregon & tons of other schools sign JUCO kids practically every cycle...

You ever heard of Dede Westbrook Heisman candidate? Yeah, Blinn College...

Juco isn't always the ideal way to go, but it's not necessarily the worst thing in the world either...

It obviously doesn't always work, but if the talent is there, it doesn't hurt going after a kid.

Bama is signing the #1 ranked OL & DE in JUCO this year & they would be signing the #1 CB too but we flipped Dean from them.

The point being, teams regardless of their record will get the talent wherever it is.

Is Dean a confirmed flip?

Going the JUCO route is not always bad planning.....it's shortsighted to say that.

Good uses of JUCO
- A kid is a late bloomer, didn't have ideal size, or played for horrible HS team and didn't get much visibility so went to JUCO, became a player.
- A kid was recruited by a certain school (maybe miami) but fell just short getting through admissions and was re-recruited. .

Yes, JUCO gets a "label" because so many kids go there bc of serious character concerns, horrible grades and lack of classroom responsibility, or because they bolted from their first school and hadn't found a new home yet. But not all situations are like that.....and when you miss on a few kids (either they don't sign or they don't produce), have a few transfers that cause depth issues, or have kids declare early and need a kid with game experience, it can be a good route for immediate help, just like grad transfers.

Advertisement
Back